Free Forms Now?

Will_T

I wanted to install Paint.net and could not find a good link on their site. I eventually downloaded it through a review link at Tom's Hardware I believe.  But when looking for a good lnk on the Paint site, one of the download buttons went to something called Freeformsnow dot com.  I immediately backed out and closed Chrome, but now I am getting notifications at the bottom right of my WIn 10 screen trying to get me to click through to different sites. Spam basically.  I read about Free Forms Now being a browser hijacker extension but there is no extension for it listed in Chrome.  Neither Malwarebytes or Avast alerted to anything when I was looking to download Paint.net.  And neither Malwarebytes or Avast finds anything wrong in a scan.  Any ideas of suggestions?  Thanks.

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Chrome Secure Preferences detection always comes back.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/

Execute the suggested fix.

If the problem persists lets look further.

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
attachlogs.png

Attach the file.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach.
Click Attach this file.
Click the Add reply button.
===

Please post the logs  for my review.

Wait for further instructions