MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%

NinaB

I apologize if this isn't the right place to put this post.  I bought and just received a One-handed Macro Mechanical Keyboard made in and shipped directly from China.  The macro programming software isn't included in the box, but IS provided as a link printed directly on the box.  The zip file is located on an Amazon Web Services server.  I scanned the file with Malwarebytes and it was reported as "MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%".  Next, I uploaded it to VirusTotal, where it passed everything but the Cylance Engine, which only listed it as "unsafe".  

While it seems logical that macro software for a mechanical keyboard could set off a false positive, even huge, well-regarded companies have inadvertently managed to provide users with malware, so these things happen even when the company has no malicious intent.  AWS is also not hack-proof, and we've all read about the Chinese government and hacking -  and keyboard software hacking seems like a great way to spy in particular so.....false positive that needs white listing or malware? 

Thanks so much!

amag.zip