Bug - ADWCleaner forces reboot even when told to reboot later

Tarun

This may be because of a setting that gets enabled, such as under Settings > Basic Repair Actions.

I've noticed this consistently. Whether you click Clean & Reboot Later or the red X at the top right, it will still clean and reboot. There's also a minor display bug for the &.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi @Tarun,

Yes, the message is not very clear. "Clean&Restart now" means that AdwCleaner will automatically reboot you computer while "Clean&Restart Later" means that AdwCleaner will wait until the user clicks on "Restar" before rebooting. The later gives you time to finish and save your work.

We're working on a solution to reboot the computer only when it's really necessary, but until then we recommend to always reboot since a lot of system processes are closed in the cleaning. Anyway, if you really don't want to reboot, you can always close AdwCleaner from the taskbar and it won't reboot the computer.

Thanks!

@Elisabeth please reread my post. I'm sorry but your response sounds like a canned response and that my message was not read.

Specifically, reread this segment quoted below:

On 12/19/2018 at 5:47 AM, Tarun said:

Whether you click Clean & Reboot Later or the red X at the top right, it will still clean and reboot.

To reiterate, this means...

• When I click Clean & Reboot Later AdwCleaner still forces a reboot as soon as cleaning is complete. As such, it is not honouring where I would control when the reboot happens.
  • When I click the red X at the top of the options for cleaning, it still forces a reboot as soon as cleaning is complete. Despite that the X was clicked to signify not performing and cleaning or rebooting at all.

The original post is stating the expected results, what actually happens, and the steps to reproduce this bug.

Thanks.

Hi @Tarun,

I'm sorry if I didn't understood your question, thanks for the clarification.

So, you mean that "Close & Restart Now", "Close & Restart Later" and the X at the top behave the same, right? All of them reboot the system without notifying you? In that case yes, it's a bug. The X at the top should only close the dialog, it shouldn't continue to the cleaning. And "Clean & Restart Later" should continue to cleaning and display this message at the end of the process:

image.png.728bd89864cfffee2f1691de224a9f4d.png

Please, can you share the log file?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...