Darling (aka 'Darwin on Linux')

Amaroq_Starwind

So, I'm sure a lot of folks here have become familiar with Wine by now, but has anyone here heard of Darling?

https://www.darlinghq.org/introduction/ 

I just learned of it recently, myself. While similar to Wine, it's a lot younger and has a different goal, being a macOS compatibility layer instead of a Windows compatibility layer. I wonder how well it will go...

I have held an interest in projects such as Wine, DOSBOX, AROS and WinKVM for a long time, and I can't wait to add Darling to that list.

I forgot the most important part... What do folks here think of Darling?

I think it should become a part of Wine... and I would love to get both Wine and Darling running on Windows (Wine because it has better backwards compatibility for Windows and DOS stuff than Windows itself does), but WinKVM,  Cygwin and Microsoft's own WSL are all insufficient for this... and until Microsoft incorporates real Linux kernel components into Windows, those are  sadly all going to stay that way :<