mwcrumjr

System freezing with latest updates on my system

I am having the same problem.   I've experienced a total of 5 hard freezes over the past 2 days on my Dell OptiPlex 7040 desktop computer.  Each time I was browsing in Firefox when the screen, keyboard and mouse simple stopped responding.  I was forced to hold down the power button until the system shut down.  The first several times I only had Firefox, Word and Windows Explorer running.  Then just today I had just finished rebooting my machine when the system froze with no applications running.  Initially, I did not realize the problem was in Malwarebytes and had contacted Dell Tech Support.  My BIOS and all of my drivers were up to date. I had also run sfc/scannow and discovered no integrity problems.

My System:

Windows 7 x64

Malwarebytes 3.6.1.2711, Component Package 1.0.508, Update package 1.0.8341

Avast Free 18.8.2356 (build 18.8.4084.409)

I have downloaded the Malwarebytes Support Tool 1.3.1.553 and am attaching the results.  Meanwhile, as suggested by others, I have disabled Web Protection.  I had already installed the Malwarebytes Firefox extension and will rely on that for protection while this problem is resolved.

Thanks in advance for your help in resolving this problem.

mbst-grab-results.zip