MajesticWi

Another Windows 7 x64 freeze after the 1.0.508 update

Hello @SubyTooner:

If the system in question has the Malwarebytes 3 settings at default, that 3.6.1.2711-1.0.527 software is queued for an update to 3.7.1.2839-1.0.538 as per the release announcement in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

If you wish to hasten that update process, you might open the MB3 GUI > Settings > Application Tab > Application Updates > Install Application Updates button.

HTH

14 hours ago, 1PW said:

Hello @SubyTooner:

If the system in question has the Malwarebytes 3 settings at default, that 3.6.1.2711-1.0.527 software is queued for an update to 3.7.1.2839-1.0.538 as per the release announcement in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

So what your saying is 3.7.1.2839-1.0.538 is no longer Beta and an official update and recommend updating to it?

I have my auto AC Updates switched off on my main drive but enabled on my HDD. I will be doing manual updates on SSD from now on and use my HDD as a test mule.

1 minute ago, SubyTooner said:

So what your saying is 3.7.1.2839-1.0.538 is no longer Beta and an official update and recommend updating to it?

Hello @SubyTooner

Yes.  Absolutely.  It is now termed a release version.

My computer froze again, and yes I checked and had the latest version updates installed via settings.  I'm now totally done with MBAM.  It is now uninstalled, and I'm just going to rely on only visiting known safe sites, and Microsoft Windows Defender.  Extremely aggravating that a product I paid for could have so many horrible, reoccurring issues.  

I am still going smoothly on 1.0.527 with CP update turned off, i have never had a smoother experience than this for a long time.

My PC does not hard freeze up any more.

My PC shuts down without that waiting for program to close message.

I am not willing to risk a change just yet so i will be staying on 1.0.527 and see what happens.

If you are a Comcast / Xfinity Customer, you can download and use Norton Internet Security for free.  If you don't have their service, I'd recommend buying it.  I have found It has ZERO issues with windows 7, and I wish I had known about it sooner.  Sorry Malwarebytes, I stuck with you for a long time, but I can no longer tolerate my business being held hostage because someone dropped the ball and didn't get it right.  

8 hours ago, BillJohnson said:

My computer froze again, and yes I checked and had the latest version updates installed via settings.  I'm now totally done with MBAM.  It is now uninstalled, and I'm just going to rely on only visiting known safe sites, and Microsoft Windows Defender.  Extremely aggravating that a product I paid for could have so many horrible, reoccurring issues.  

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues and completely understand your frustration.

If you'd like to revisit troubleshooting, let us know and we can take a closer look at the issue.