PeterJ

False positive: ROSS-TECH diagnostic software

The latest Malwarebytes removes these legit items:

Adware.DLAssistant.Generic, C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PUBLIC\Desktop\VCDS DRV 15.7.1.lnk, In quarantaine, [9408], [559340],1.0.8287
Adware.DLAssistant.Generic, C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DESKTOP\VCDS DRV 15.7.1.lnk, In quarantaine, [9408], [559340],1.0.8287
Adware.DLAssistant.Generic, C:\ROSS-TECH\VCDS-DRV 15.7.1\VAGCOM.EXE, In quarantaine, [9408], [559340],1.0.8287

They are part of a diagnostic program for cars.

Hello,

I have purchased and installed a diagnostic software from the same Ross-Tech company and after running a scan I have received these warnings:

MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%, C:\USERS\HOME\Desktop\VCDS ROJ 18.9.lnk, Nicio acţiune din partea utilizatorului, [0], [392687],1.0.13405
MachineLearning/Anomalous.100%, C:\ROSS-TECH\VCDS-ROJ\VCDSLOADER.EXE, Nicio acţiune din partea utilizatorului, [0], [392687],1.0.13405

I am pretty sure it's a safe program. Could you please verify and maybe fix it in the next update. Please let me know if you require the .exe file for further analysis.

Thanks,

BD