Sign in to follow this  
DMC

False positive on goopdateres_hr.dll ?

Greetings MWB Folks,

We're experiencing a sudden rash of PC reboots due to MWB Managed Client 1.9.0.3671 quarantining C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.33.17\goopdateres_hr.dll and rebooting the computers without warning. All of the affected systems have database version v2018.12.13.08. Please advise when you have a moment.

Thank you,

Daniel McIntyre

This was a confirmed False Positive.

We have updated our definitions with the block removed, once you endpoints have updated we should no longer see any blocks on this moving forward.

Let us know if you still see the blocks or have any questions, we are here to help.

Edited by KDawg

Hi KDawg,

The issue seems to be slowing with the forced introduction of v2018.12.13.09 and the removal of a daily scheduler scan that restarts the PC (if needed) to complete threat removal. Is there a way to restore the quarantined item other using our client management service to forcibly push out a replacement .dll?

Thank you,

Daniel McIntyre

Had the exact same problem, thanks for your fast actions, as always.

My english is very bad, sorry for the question just to get it right. "confirm false positive" means, that its nothing to worry about?

2 hours ago, rezto said:

Had the exact same problem, thanks for your fast actions, as always.

My english is very bad, sorry for the question just to get it right. "confirm false positive" means, that its nothing to worry about?

That was my poor English, my apologies.

This was not a malicious threat, we accidentally added this to be blocked and removed it quickly once we realized the error.

We work to get these resolved as quickly as possible just send a PM if anyone is still having any problems.

Edited by KDawg