Gt-truth

Malwarebytes 3.6.1.2711-1.0.508-1.0.8211 revert to free

hi there !

first off , the first thing I did is to I had to uninstall some of the security because they not running properly ! (I had even to uninstall MB 3 and I did a cleanup using the support tool)

however!

and as of yesterday , my version 3 build 3.6.1.2711-1.0.508-1.0.8211 of MALWAREBYTES it has a trial version running  and suddenly it got to revert to the free version  so I think something is wrong with the software ?

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Greetings,

Please try reactivating your license using your license key by clicking on the Activate License button which should be available at the top right corner of the main Malwarebytes UI.

If that fails and you receive an error message about too many activations (something that may occur after uninstalling/reinstalling the product multiple times) then you should be able to deactivate your previous installations using the My Account portal at My.Malwarebytes.com.  You may login or create an account if you haven't already done so on this page.

If that does not resolve the issue then please contact Malwarebytes Support directly via one of the options found on this page and they should be able to assist you in getting your license key reset/working again.

Please let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with.

Thanks

@exile360 I still have a 12 day trial I think . at the same time not sure what cause of this issue but this is the first time I see this problem to be happened .

so ,it could be a bug in the MB software ? check the 2 screenshot blow

anyway , MALWAREBYTES have a strange behavior (check the GIF) since I should to I have only a 12 day trial instead of a 14 day trial reset by the strange behavior

and why it revert to the free version and when I click on "get the premium trial" then a new pop message it ask me to check for updates ? but updates for what ? it should to get me a trial directly without the need to do a strange  things ?

and why is this force reset anyway ? I just did uninstalling and reinstalling of the MALWAREBYTES version 3 a 2 day ago ? so should I have only for 12 day?

CpWz_4574.png

gf.gif

Edited by Gt-truth

I guess they have it set to automatically prompt you to check for updates when enabling the trial to make sure you're fully up to date and get the best protection possible, which makes sense since you always want to keep your real-time protection software up to date so that it can do the best job possible.

As for the other issues, I really don't know, and my only guess is that it has to do with what I mentioned before about reinstalling the software too many times, but the only way to confirm that would be to try activating it with your license key so once you do that it should tell us more about what's going on.

hi @exile360

OK and thanks ! but I had to turn my system off and turn it on back and MLAWAREBYTES now Yet again its reverting back to MB-free version  once again?!

how can we  go from here ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by Gt-truth

Are you getting any messages such as

Your License has exceeded its activation account or any other messages?

If there's anything on the system causing it to revert to an earlier state such as a backup solution, registry backup/restore solution, System Restore etc., that may also be the cause, otherwise it could either be the issue Firefox and I mentioned about too many installs in which case you'd need to login to My.Malwarebytes.com to deactivate your previous installs/devices or contact Malwarebytes Support directly to get them to do it.

Another possibility is that Malwarebytes has somehow gotten corrupted and is reverting to its backup configuration files to attempt to repair itself.  If that's the case, then the best thing to do would be perform a clean install of Malwarebytes and then activate it again and hopefully it will stick this time:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Are you getting any messages such as

Your License has exceeded its activation account or any other messages?

NO! there are no such message  and no OTHER message either

1 hour ago, exile360 said:

If there's anything on the system causing it to revert to an earlier state such as a backup solution, registry backup/restore solution, System Restore etc., that may also be the cause, otherwise it could either be the issue Firefox and I mentioned about too many installs in which case you'd need to login to My.Malwarebytes.com to deactivate your previous installs/devices or contact Malwarebytes Support directly to get them to do it.

Another possibility is that Malwarebytes has somehow gotten corrupted and is reverting to its backup configuration files to attempt to repair itself.  If that's the case, then the best thing to do would be perform a clean install of Malwarebytes and then activate it again and hopefully it will stick this time:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  3. Click the Clean button, and allow it to restart your system and then reinstall Malwarebytes, either by allowing the tool to do so when it offers to on restart, or by downloading and installing the latest version from here

I will do get the logs first just in case and then I will follow up with you !

@Firefox and @exile360 I have to make another clean up using the support tool ! I did what can I do but not fixed anything even though I did uninstall MB v 3 via Revo Uninstaller software !

the same problem /issue occurs after each reboot/every windows system start up ! 

EDIT : can I have the download link for a previous program version  ?

Edited by Gt-truth

1 hour ago, exile360 said:

Yes, you can find several previous versions here.

OK , do I need to make a new cleanup of MB or should install the previous version over the top?

I'd do a clean install just to be on the safe side since this issue seems to be related to the configuration files etc. since it has to do with your license reverting (something that's stored in the config files and registry) so running the clean function in the Support Tool before installing any other build would definitely be a good idea.

Posted (edited)

Hi @exile360

so , I have to reentered  / reactivated  my version of MALWAEBYTES version 3  and now its no more reverting to free version ! but here the another issue after I done to use the license  , I got a new problem where is MALWAREBYTES’s - real time protection  is no longer function / working  in order to do its thing like to blocking an exe.file and website (so I had to deactivated my license for now)! and as of yesterday I had to reinstall the MALWAREBYTES - extension for Firefox to at least to protect me temporarily

On 12/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, exile360 said:

I'd do a clean install just to be on the safe side since this issue seems to be related to the configuration files etc. since it has to do with your license reverting (something that's stored in the config files and registry) so running the clean function in the Support Tool before installing any other build would definitely be a good idea.

I will had to use the support tool again if there a need for that !:P

On 12/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, exile360 said:

If there's anything on the system causing it to revert to an earlier state such as a backup solution, registry backup/restore solution, System Restore etc., that

I do not use any of backup solutions nor registry backups or even the restores solutions ! however , I have some system restore point but I never thinks even to use them meanwhile of course !

so I had ran one of my device manufacture tool to check on there and its reports that my system restore is disabled but that isn’t true ! my system restore point is enabled so do I need to do anything here ?

Edited by Gt-truth

Hmm, that's not good.  OK, please try running the Malwarebytes installer again; just install it over the top of your existing installation, then restart the system and test to see if it is now working normally.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, exile360 said:

Hmm, that's not good.  OK, please try running the Malwarebytes installer again; just install it over the top of your existing installation, then restart the system and test to see if it is now working normally.

done! it worked for a few moment which is to install MBv3 over the top , but after I reboot windows and start up window again , however , I just lost all of real-time protections yet again right after the restart and start up of windows system .

not really sure if the two problem above is has something to do with the updated installer mb3-setup-consumer-3.6.1.2711-1.0.508-1.0.8211?

MB 3 again to reverts to free version :mellow: to I be more clear on this issue , see blow

right click on mb3-setup-consumer-3.6.1.2711-1.0.508-1.0.8211? and run as Administrator and install it over the previous installation (that gave me a new 14 day trial running) so  (it worked for a few minutes for both issues above) > rebooting the laptop to see if this will at least to fix the first problem that I have but still isn’t fix yet !

after the restarting of the windows > no real time protections is available so MB it keeps ask to "get the premium trial" again and over again

Edited by Gt-truth

Well that's unfortunate.  I wonder what keeps causing protection to fail like that.  Perhaps some logs will give us a clue:

1. Run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

Posted (edited)

MALWAREBYTES support tool aren’t fully able to found of others MALWAREBYTES’s leftover related to MBAM service.exe in the registry /mbamtray in the appdata folder to be removed  /MABM setting in the registry to be cleared out ! which are a leftover file/folder /setting after I did a new uninstalling ....

so , why the support tool have not found this leftover even though I had to uninstall MB from my system ?

here’s the path’s for MB’s folder/file

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\mbamtray
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\mbamtray\cache

a lot of file inside the cache folder so should to I remove both which above ? :cool:

well , not sure if both items above are involved with my current 2 problems or not ? :wacko:

here a list of MB - setting in the registry  is for MBAMService.exe  blow :

OK , if I have to remove those setting from the registry , then my both 2 issue with MB software it will be resolved ? :unsure:

here a list of MB - setting in the registry  is for mbamtray  blow :

edit : too long to post them here ! so I will make it in attachment

mbamtray.setting.txt

MBAMService.setting.txt

Edited by Gt-truth

Hi Gt-truth,

Thanks for reporting.

The Malwarebytes Support Tool will remove the mbam and mbamtray folders in %localappdata%, but only if other Malwarebytes-related file system/registry items are found on the system. We'll review the detection logic for the %localappdata% items.

You can certainly delete the folder manually, but it will unlikely have any impact on the issue you're experiencing.

The two text files you've attached do not contain registry items explicitly created by Malwarebytes software. The \Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU key is used by Windows to track changes to the size, position, view etc of folders in Windows/File Explorer. Again, removal will unlikely have any impact on the issue.

-----

Please provide the mbst-check-results.zip file requested in Post #18 so we can see the current state of the computer.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for sending the file. The machine appears to be in a good state to reinstall Malwarebytes for Windows.

Please do the following:

Ky7CZ60.png Malwarebytes Installation

• Please download the installer for the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows using the link below.
    https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3
  • Double-click rPqaKbj.png mb3-setup-consumer-3.#.#.####.exe or click Run in your browser to run the installer.
  • Follow the prompts to install the program.
  • Upon completion, open Malwarebytes for Windows.

Once installed, please activate Malwarebytes Premium using the steps below:

• Click Activate License in the upper right corner.
  • Enter your key in the License key: field.
  • Place a FSHHv35.png checkmark next to My license came with a License ID and enter your ID in the License ID: field if your license came with one.
  • Note: You should see a q3s76G6.png green checkmark next to your License Key/ID.
  • Click Activate License.
  • Ky7CZ60.png Malwarebytes Premium will now be displayed at the top of the Malwarebytes window.

----------

At this point, you should now have the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows installed with Premium activated. Please confirm the four Real-Time Protection components (Malware, Exploit, Web and Ransomware) enabled.

If all is well, please proceed with the steps below. This will help us understand why Malwarebytes for Windows is reverting to Free.

• Download MBSupportInfo.exe using the following link:
    https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/qhyxw7gwikqs213znxwht4q1xnqpav5h
  • Double-click MBSupportInfo.exe to run the tool.
  • Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More Info followed by Run anyway.
  • A Command Prompt window will briefly appear then close.
  • A file named SupportInfo.dat will be created in the same folder as MBSupportInfo.exe.
  • Please rename this file to SupportInfo-Before.dat and move it to a safe location.
  • Please wait until the next time Malwarebytes reverts to Free.
  • Afterwards, please rerun the MBSupportInfo.exe tool.
  • A new file named SupportInfo.dat will be created. Please rename this file to SupportInfo-After.dat.
  • Please attach both files to a forum post.
Edited by LiquidTension

Posted (edited)

Hi @LiquidTension

If I have to use my license to activate my version of MBv3 Premium then the "reverting issue"  is no longer occurs but only with "Malwarebytes Premium trial 3.6.1" that issue it will be occurring over and over again and I do not know why!

so , how can we go with ?

Edited by Gt-truth

Posted (edited)

Thank you for clarifying.

Is there a particular reason you do not wish to activate Malwarebytes Premium with your license key?

Please proceed with the earlier steps to reinstall Malwarebytes for Windows and activate the Premium Trial upon completion. Once the Premium Trial is activated, rerun the Malwarebytes Support Tool. Click Advanced followed by Gather Logs and send me the new mbst-grab-results.zip on your Desktop.

Afterwards, please carry out the instructions below.

• Download MBSupportInfo.exe using the following link:
    https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/qhyxw7gwikqs213znxwht4q1xnqpav5h
  • Double-click MBSupportInfo.exe to run the tool.
  • Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More Info followed by Run anyway.
  • A Command Prompt window will briefly appear then close.
  • A file named SupportInfo.dat will be created in the same folder as MBSupportInfo.exe.
  • Please rename this file to SupportInfo-Before.dat and move it to a safe location.
  • Please wait until the next time Malwarebytes reverts to Free.
  • Afterwards, please rerun the MBSupportInfo.exe tool.
  • A new file named SupportInfo.dat will be created. Please rename this file to SupportInfo-After.dat.
  • Please attach both files to a forum post. 
Edited by LiquidTension

Posted (edited)

@LiquidTension you’re welcome , yes I just want to test MB on this new laptop to see if there any problem or issue with the version 3!

but can not be uploads them to the forum it says files aren’t allowed

Edited by Gt-truth