Can I include external links?

Hello, I'm seeing some repacks that malwarebytes doesn't detect (And they are repacks of the program itself). Now, my question is if I can, in the threats section, put links like mega, etc.. Since it is not possible for me to attach the illegal program due to its size. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

Greetings,

Yes, that's fine.  And if you're concerned about user's getting infected then the safest way to do so would be to put the URL into a text file, then ZIP the text file with a password (please use the default password for attachments in that area as indicated in the pinned topic there) and attach that ZIP file to your post, and of course include a link to the VirusTotal scan for the file also.

3 hours ago, Nazareno said:

Now, my question is if I can, in the threats section, put links like mega, etc.. Since it is not possible for me to attach the illegal program due to its size. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.

No, not really.  Please do not use 3rd party hosting site companies.  Most do no permit hosting any form of malware as a violation of their Terms of Service (ToS) and or Authorized Use Policy (AUP).

I just visited your submission  Piracy which is associated with this subject matter.

The submission was a password protected RAR that contained a TXT of two links Mega and ZipyShare.

Piracy is the theft of intellectual property.  To be piracy it would be a legitimate installer that would include a illegitimate license.  I did not see "piracy" in them.  Any file can be renamed or named anything and using the name of Malwarebytes and/or Malwarebytes iconography does not make it "piracy".

Malwarebytes requests that you do not use a password but if someone has to use one, such as when going through a Proxy server, then that standard password is;  infected.

There was no reason to have to password protect the RAR at all since Experts, Malware Hunters and Staff are the only Forum members that can access submission forum attachments.

There was no reason to have to use BOTH Mega and ZipyShare as well. If there are extraordinary circumstances that requires using a 3rd party hosting site the pick one REPUTABLE 3rd party hosting site that allows the hosting malware suspects IFF you are supplying said files to anti malware companies.  When I visited ZipyShare I was hit with a Microsoft HTML.FakeAlert.  I revisited it and I got other malvertisements as well.

** Malwarebytes provides considerable upload space, in this sub-forum, that anybody can upload any malware that Malwarebytes targets.

Edited by David H. Lipman

I'm not angry.  I apologize if what I write "appears" that way.  I am trying to give you formative feedback and advice.

26 minutes ago, Nazareno said:

Hi, thank you very much. But I only put the original links. Best regards.

Then state that with the submission that you FOUND those links.