tak

renewal

I renewed my subscription with 21 days remaining before the expiration of the old subscription, doesn't Malwarebytes automatically add the 21 days to my new subscription? My account doesn't show that addition so I've lost 21 days of coverage, I don't think that's a fair way to conduct business, does anyone know if this is their policy? 

Greetings,

I'm not certain how it works exactly, however it would be best to contact Malwarebytes Support directly to seek assistance with this as they have direct access to the licensing system and should hopefully be able to resolve the problem for you.  You may contact them via the options found on this page.

In the meantime I will make a note of this issue and will report it to the Product team for review and investigation and hopefully, if this is indeed how it works, they might change it to not shorten the duration of your service after an early renewal.

Thanks for that! I called their support number 1-800-520-2796 because I hadn't received any reply to the support ticket number I had created, the explanation given to me was that since I had purchased the new licence from a Retailer and not from Malwarebytes that if I renewed earlier (21 days) than the expiry date of my old subscription they will not add that to my renewal! Absolutely rediculous! since I was constantly reminded from Malwarebytes that my expiration was due I decided to purchase a renewal from my Retailer just like I've done in the past with no issues and I'm penalized for being punctual, doesn't make any sense to me at all, is this actually a legitimate Company?? I always thought them to be on par with Norton McAfee etc.. I guess I was mistaken. I also called my Retailer (One of the largest in B.C.)and they assured me that regardless of where the renewal licence was purchased,  the extra remaining days would be automatically added to the new licence. I surely will not be purchasing another product from Malwarebytes ever again!!

Hello @tak I'm the Malwarebytes Support Team Lead and I want first to apologize for the answer you received. I listened to the call myself and I can say your complaint was justified. Now, Adding the time to your Key is possible and I'll be adding the time to your Key. Please check your PMs for confirmation. Additionally to this, further coaching and training will be provided, so a situation like this won't happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!