renewal

tak

I renewed my subscription with 21 days remaining before the expiration of the old subscription, doesn't Malwarebytes automatically add the 21 days to my new subscription? My account doesn't show that addition so I've lost 21 days of coverage, I don't think that's a fair way to conduct business, does anyone know if this is their policy? 

Greetings,

I'm not certain how it works exactly, however it would be best to contact Malwarebytes Support directly to seek assistance with this as they have direct access to the licensing system and should hopefully be able to resolve the problem for you.  You may contact them via the options found on this page.

In the meantime I will make a note of this issue and will report it to the Product team for review and investigation and hopefully, if this is indeed how it works, they might change it to not shorten the duration of your service after an early renewal.

Thanks for that! I called their support number 1-800-520-2796 because I hadn't received any reply to the support ticket number I had created, the explanation given to me was that since I had purchased the new licence from a Retailer and not from Malwarebytes that if I renewed earlier (21 days) than the expiry date of my old subscription they will not add that to my renewal! Absolutely rediculous! since I was constantly reminded from Malwarebytes that my expiration was due I decided to purchase a renewal from my Retailer just like I've done in the past with no issues and I'm penalized for being punctual, doesn't make any sense to me at all, is this actually a legitimate Company?? I always thought them to be on par with Norton McAfee etc.. I guess I was mistaken. I also called my Retailer (One of the largest in B.C.)and they assured me that regardless of where the renewal licence was purchased,  the extra remaining days would be automatically added to the new licence. I surely will not be purchasing another product from Malwarebytes ever again!!

Hello @tak I'm the Malwarebytes Support Team Lead and I want first to apologize for the answer you received. I listened to the call myself and I can say your complaint was justified. Now, Adding the time to your Key is possible and I'll be adding the time to your Key. Please check your PMs for confirmation. Additionally to this, further coaching and training will be provided, so a situation like this won't happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! 

• 1 month later...

New Topic:   I have used Malware bytes for a year on 3 computers but after attempting to renew, I am done with your company.

I am happy with the product but your requirement that I must agree to automatic renewals in the future, and access to my PayPal Account keeps me from renewing.    When I attempt to Chat with Malware bytes (MBOT) I asked if they were Malware bytes and they wern't.    Directed me to a support site where I had to establish account with password and answer Captcha questions, I get the "THERE IS NO ONE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER YOUR TEXT"

i MAY look at Brick and Mortar stores to purchase this software again but I WILL NOT RENEW ONLINE.

Richard

If you attempted to use the chat function on this page then it should be a Malwarebytes Support employee that you're speaking with, at least during office hours (9AM-6PM PST I believe); I do not know if they have any service for after hours, however there's also a form on that same page you can fill out to get support via email that is handled exclusively by Malwarebytes employees.

As for auto-renewal, while you can't opt out of it during the initial purchase process, you can opt out at any time after your purchase (including immediately afterwards if you wish that way you don't have to wait) by contacting the appropriate vendor (depending on who handled the transaction for your purchase which will be shown in your verification email and on the initial charge for your purchase) and their contact info can be found in this support article.

As for having to give payment information, there are ways around being automatically charged.  First off, at least to my knowledge, no one can automatically authorize a payment through PayPal without your permission so you should be able to login to PayPal's website at any time to cancel that, and there are also temporary credit cards you can use that you put a limited amount of funds onto to make one time purchases in order to protect yourself from online scams and data breaches that could be used to prevent any future automatic payments/transactions.  But again, as I mentioned above, you can cancel auto-renewal at any time so you don't have to worry about being charged when your license comes up for renewal as long as you've done that already.

Of course purchasing a retail boxed copy as you mentioned is another option, so if you would prefer to go that route then of course you may, however you wouldn't be able to get any of the multi-license discounts that you have access to when purchasing online, at least as far as I know at this time (unless of course it goes on sale).

I received a renewal notice for license key which I have not used and want to cancel this product and not be charged for it.  I have been using license key which is to be renewed in October, 2019.  I plan to renew this product then.  If you need more information, email me or call me at

Edited by AdvancedSetup
License information and phone removed from public view

• Root Admin

Hello @Ginny985

I have removed your license and phone information. You should never post that information on any public forum or social media as it will get abused.

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thank you

Ron