Mark_Albrosco

Remove PUP Crossbrowser

If you log into the Malwarebytes Cloud and click on Quarantine is it listed there? If so, click the box on the left to select it then click Delete in the upper right.

Thanks Kalrand -  I followed those steps on Thursday, and the detection returned yesterday (I repeated the delete from quarantine process this morning, see below) - any thoughts?

image.thumb.png.cdb6bce53c4f31ae0f3aaa9097be1d19.png

Usually when we get multiple the extension installs multiple pieces on the computer. If you look at the location, are they all the same? If not, delete them like the others. If they are I'd raise this up to support.

@KDawg @Karland - so I got a fresh detection today of the same PUP. 

I checked my detection history and it's the same registry entry each time. I deleted it from quarantine again.

After reading the article suggested by KDawg, I could not narrow it down to a specific browser; so I followed the steps suggested for a possible "root kit" infection.

The policy for the endpoints has "Scan Rootkits" disabled; I enabled it and ran a scan of the specific device - results came back with 0 threats detected.

How do I kick this up to "Support"? :)