Amaroq_Starwind

Keeping your friends safe: Malwarebytes IM Bot

I had an idea recently that might be really helpful for MBAM users who like to socialize online: A Malwarebytes bot that can be added to Skype group chats, Telegram group chats, and/or Discord servers, scanning links and files being passed around to inform everyone whether or not they're safe or potentially dangerous, or even taking moderator action (auto-deleting the offending file/link) if needed/permitted. Seeing as social networking and instant messengers are becoming increasingly important and widely used in today's online world, and it is extremely easy for potential threats to be delivered this way, I feel like this might be an important step towards a safer internet. Remember, just because the people visiting this site take precautions doesn't mean their friends automatically do, and the purpose behind my proposed bot is to keep them safe as well.

Please share your thoughts with me. I'd love to hear them! 🦊

It will take some thought into it because you would need to learn how to make a bot for each of those programs, a bot for Discord could be different to a Telegram bot or rather similar, it is a good idea that with some effort and knowledge could probably take off.

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't attracted more attention... I think keeping the internet as safe for everyone as possible is a perfectly noble cause, and a Malwarebytes bot/extension for Discord would be perfect for protecting everyone on your server.