PUP.OPTIONAL.LEGACY destroying my life...!!

MHY

Hi Team,

Hope this finds you well.

I am struggling with a virus: ”PUP.Optional.Legacy”. Initially, this virus was showing up in my malware scan. I ran through a few procedures, and now it doesn't. However, it is still showing up in my adware scan. I keep going through "clean & repair," but it does not remove the PUP. 

I've attached my scan logs for your review.

Can you please assist with the next steps??

Kindest,

Maurice

AdwCleaner[S02].txt

Malware scan report.txt

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Hello MHY (Maurice) and :welcome:

My screen name is Android8888 but if you wish you can call me Rui which is my real name. I will be helping you with your malware issues. Please ask questions if anything is unclear.

First, I need you to move FRST64.exe to your computer Desktop.

Next,

Warning: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system.

Now follow the instructions below to execute a script fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST64.exe is located); DO NOT open or modify that file!
  • Right-click on the FRST64 and select Run as Administrator;
  • Click on the Fix button;
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply;

Next, reset Google Chrome back to defaults.

• First, go to >> Google Sync << and sign into your account. Make sure you know your password as this will clear it from the browser.
  • Scroll down until you see the  reset_chrome_sync.png button and then click it to clear your data from the server and remove your passphrase.
  • Now, close all Chrome windows. Chrome cannot be running for the next step. If needed, print this information or use another browser to read the information.
  • Press the Windows key + R at the same time, to bring up the run dialog box.

• run_command.png

• Type in (or copy/paste) the following and press Enter:      %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\

1. Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and folders.
  2. Hold down Ctrl + A and click once on the files "Bookmarks" and "Bookmarks.bak". This will unselect them. This is what it should look like:

chrome_files_folders.png

3. With all the files selected (except for your Bookmarks), press the Delete key and click Yes to delete the files and folders.

Restart your computer now, then re-run AdwCleaner and check if the detection persists.

Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply and let me know if the detection persists.

Thank you.

Android8888

(Rui)

fixlist.txt

Edited by Android8888

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks