Trojan.Agent.PG in Settings.APK

Hi @cska133,

If you could send us an Apps Report, we can look further into this issue.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.

2.Tap the Menu icon.

3. Tap Your apps.

4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.

5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included. Send the Apps Report to create a ticket.

PM me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Thanks,

Nathan

Your support ticket 2477033 has been updated. Please reply to this email to update the ticket with any questions or additional information.

Daniel (Malwarebytes Support)

Nov 21, 13:08 PST

Hello Musik2,

My name is Daniel and I'm from Malwarebytes Consumer Support. I will be helping you with your ticket # 2477033.

There are times when Malwarebytes detects a malware but cannot remove it.  This typically occurs when a detected application is:

• Installed on the system partition, as a System App, which cannot be uninstalled by a user level app, like Malwarebytes
  • Installed on an external device storage like SD card

Workarounds

Here are five options for working around this issue.

1. Disable the app – Can be done via Android Settings
    1. Settings > General tab > Apps.
    2. Tap on the malicious app listed
    3. Tap Force stop/disable or Uninstall.
  2. If your device is ROOTED

1. Determine if you have a ROOTED device, refer to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS).
    2. Connect your device to your computer.
    3. Remove the infection through Windows Explorer by navigating to the location specified in the Scan results.
  3. If an option, return the device where purchased.

The following workaround is reserved for advance users only. It is done at your own risk.

Install different ROM to replace the infected one. Usually reserved for advanced users.

There is also a much more advanced process which we provided on our public forums at the link below, however please pay special attention to the disclaimer section I have copied for your convenience. While the instructions mainly detail a different type of malware's removal, there is also a section that covers adapting the method to other malware.

Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk!  I, nor Malwarebyes, can guarantee this will not damage your mobile device.  Uninstalling system apps has the potential to permanently damage your device, rendering it unusable.  However, by uninstalling only the Adups apps listed in this guide, I can’t see how any damage would occur. Also, as noted in the Uninstall Note above, a factory reset will restore any apps uninstalled using this method. Still, if you value your mobile device, this option may not be worth the risk.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/216616-removal-instructions-for-adups/?tab=comments#comment-1190826

If you have any further questions, reply to this email and I will be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Hojecki | Malwarebytes Consumer Support | support.malwarebytes.com

Hello,

sorry, but this is no help. 😞
Every average-skilled Android user knows these steps.
And the link to the Removal Instruction for Adups is also known, but sorry how can I delete the settings.apk ??!?? The mobile device will not work properly then.

do you have other help?