IRC IP Blocking

bataug

Hi Malware Bytes,

I am loving the new IP Blocking feature that has been incorporated into Malware Bytes. The only thing is I have a slight problem with it. I am part of an IRC Channel that connects to an IRC Network through a port number, when I hit the connect button MB cuts the connection and displays the balloon message telling me that it has detected a IP Intrusion and no matter how many time I try even if it does connect MB picks it up and then looses it again.

This puts me in a bad position as I want the protection but I cannot have it because it wont let me connect to the IRC Network which I am often connected to for longer than 8 hours a day which means I am without IP Protection for 8 hours.

I am wondering what anyone can suggest to fix this problem. I think something that might be needed in an update of MB is a white and blacklist feature perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

bataug.

At the present time, you have no other option but to disable the IP Protection. You should be fine with regular protection module, as that'd still stop known malware.

I am in similar situation myself, I myself ended up turning off protection module altogether, as the IP Protection is back after every boot. And boy does it interfere with my IRC(/P2P) use.