28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

There are I would say more issues to fix before adding extra controls to opt out of messages. It all falls into what things to fix first.

But they have time to put pop ups in...

8 minutes ago, dprout69 said:

But they have time to put pop ups in...

Because marketing drives that aspect. Offering other company products and news makes money and shows people there is more than just one way to protect the users.

I have all the offerings for Windows at this time so I do not see those on my system.

Malwarebytes Premium, Browser Guard and VPN.

I do understand and support the upcoming controls to opt out of such marketing tools.

Edited by Porthos
21 hours ago, Porthos said:

There are I would say more issues to fix before adding extra controls to opt out of messages. It all falls into what things to fix first.

Except it's been going on two years and adding an opt-out option in v4 would have been trivial for the programmers.

If there are issues (clearly there are) with the main Malwarebytes software... perhaps the priority should be fixing them and not creating additional products.

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

If there are issues (clearly there are) with the main Malwarebytes software... perhaps the priority should be fixing them and not creating additional products.

They have dedicated Developers for each product, and even individual components/modules within each product (i.e., only certain Devs work on the Anti-Exploit component, only certain Devs work on Anti-Rootkit and the same for Web Protection, the UI, notifications, UX, the SDK for the scan engine, and of course other Devs for the other products/offerings).  They work by prioritizing the most critical issues first, so it usually does not matter how 'trivial' an issue might be; if there is a more critical bug to fix or feature to implement, it must be done first because time and resources are limited.