Silent blocking possible?

Greetings,

While you cannot do this for individual alerts, you can disable all non-critical notifications if you wish (those where no action on your part is required, such as when a threat is blocked or quarantined by Malwarebytes).  To do so, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and below where it says Notifications, toggle the setting Show Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows System Tray to Off.  You can still view past protection events such as blocked websites and quarantined threats by opening Malwarebytes and clicking on the bell shaped icon in the upper right-hand side of the main UI or by visiting the Reports tab.

I hope this helps to accomplish what you wish the application to do.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks

OK, that's an option.  It would be a neat feature to disable them individually, though.  If you added the option to the exceptions list, it wouldn't need that much in the way of a UI change, even, just a choice of "ignore" or "block silently".

Thanks for a quick reply. ?

3 hours ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

While you cannot do this for individual alerts, you can disable all non-critical notifications if you wish (those where no action on your part is required, such as when a threat is blocked or quarantined by Malwarebytes).  To do so, open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Application and below where it says Notifications, toggle the setting Show Malwarebytes notifications in the Windows System Tray to Off.  You can still view past protection events such as blocked websites and quarantined threats by opening Malwarebytes and clicking on the bell shaped icon in the upper right-hand side of the main UI or by visiting the Reports tab.

I hope this helps to accomplish what you wish the application to do.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks

You're welcome, I'm glad to help.

By the way, now that you mention exceptions/ignoring things, that too is a possibility, at least if you don't want the site to be blocked by Malwarebytes.  Whenever a site is blocked, if you right-click on the Malwarebytes tray icon afterwards, you will see an option to exclude the site that was blocked.  You also have the option of excluding a website manually using the Exclusions tab under Settings.  To do so, simply follow the instructions found in this support article under the Exclude a Website section.  That will prevent Malwarebytes from blocking that specific website in the future if you wish.

I understand that - but sometimes, when you're in the middle of something with a deadline looming, you don't want to take an hour out of your day to deal with it.  Happy that it's blocked, but don't need telling about it every 4 seconds until you have time to deal with it.

Perhaps an option on the popup would be a better solution: "Snooze for 1 hour".

mblog.txt

6 hours ago, ChickPea said:

I downloaded the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, as it says in your saved post.

Just follow these instructions to get the required logs for @AdvancedSetup

Please do the following to gather some logs so the team can take a look at your installation and attempt to find the cause of the problem:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

• Root Admin

I fully agree with you @ChickPea and I'm hoping our Development team is able to add a lot more granularity to the alert controls.

You can also try cleaning up Chrome, which may be the culprit behind the blocks in many cases.

Please follow the directions from the topic below.

Once done, reboot the computer and let us know if the blocks continue or not. In which case, yes, we'll need the full logs, please.

I have the same problem but I think you are misunderstanding whats happening... that is adware that is on YOUR computer and malwarebytes doesn't see it until it trys to redirect to "smartlink.cool" and thats why it's popping. Obviously you DON'T want MB to stop telling you that it's blocking adware that is installed on your computer! Unfortunately MB doesn't remove it.. I'm still looking for that solution. It says it's a Chrome Extension but I don't see it listed in Chrome.... Very nastly.