RTProtectionDaemon Full Disk Access on Mojave

At the moment I use ka-block! with Safari (only browser that I use and that's why I look Malwarebytes for Safari as I found it very valid on Firefox but I prefer Safari as a single browser) which I feel good and has a part of positive reviews and other negative (these mostly because it is not very customizable even though I have found a way to have a kind of whitelist)
On the Italian Mac AppStore there is only ghostery lite that has a single review of 17 November last last that says that "Most of the time it does not work".On the official website there is only the version for old versions of Safari.

Screenshot of Gosthery lite reviews on Mac AppStore401716435_Schermata2019-01-03alle14_04_40.thumb.jpg.b954e4fef677418a375925c63f077e4e.jpg

It's the same one I had already found, outside the Mac AppStore.
But it seems to me that respect for privacy is another thing

See the attached the Safari Extension Panel screenshot (below I have posted the English translation of the part in Italian)

1257804011_Schermata2019-01-04alle10_27_29.jpg.22157b464ff330452e6127840c3c252c.jpg

This extension will slow down browsing.

Permits for "Ghostery":

Contents of web pages

You can read sensitive information from web pages, including passwords, phone numbers and credit cards on:
• all web pages

Browsing history

Can see when you visit:
• all web pages

Thanks anyway, but given the conditions I prefer not to use it. If you find something similar but with privileges like those of ka-block! just let me know.

There is no such thing as individual privacy in the day and age of the Internet. I don't know anybody who hasn't had some amount of sensitive information compromised by a third party. That's where the danger lies, not with the majority of browser extensions.

None of that bothers me one bit.

Time saved by not loading tracking cookies probably more than makes up for any slow-down caused by the extension itself and I've tested that theory by timing the loading of a web site with and without Ghostery enabled (after emptying cache, of course).

It cannot do it's job without access to all web pages. 

But only you can make those kinds of decisions for yourself.

• Staff

Al is right that Ghostery needs those permissions to do its job. It essentially needs to look at the entire page contents, which would include the contents of forms. I'm reasonably sure that Ghostery does not abuse those permissions, as it's been around for a while and has a good reputation, but this is a core of the problem with browser extensions and you're smart to question it. Browser extensions can easily gain access to a lot of personal data, so it's wise to be cautious with which ones you install. I sometimes see machines with dozens - or even hundreds - of browser extensions installed, including all kinds of junk games, and I inwardly cringe.