Unable to Restart after Quarantine

Thanks for that log, we are back to same place. All entries correct except for Useinit, that cannot be restored. I want you to access regedit via recovery environment, process is similar to what you have been doing so I think you will be ok.... Back shortly, need to compile the correct script for you to follow....

Yes time is late for me, i`m in the UK and local time for me is 20 after midnight... Continue with the following...

Boot sick PC to Recovery Environment, if you are unsure of that action have a read at the following link, maybe bookmark for future reference...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-boot-advanced-startup-options-windows-10-a.html

Next,

From the Windows 10 Tutorial you should get access to the Advanced Startup Options at boot for Windows 10

user posted image

From that window select "Troubleshoot"

user posted image

From the next window select "Advance Options"

user posted image

From that Window select "Command Prompt"

• In the command window type in regedit and press Enter.
  • The registry editor opens.
  • Expand the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
  • Double click direct on Winlogon
  • Look to the right pane you will see the entry "Userinit" you should see this value under the "Data" column C:\Windows\System32\Userinit, Note the comma after Userinit
  • If the value is different "Right" click on "Userinit" and select "modify"
  • In the new box change value to C:\Windows\System32\Userinit, select ok and close out regedit (Make sure to include the comma after Userinit)

You should now be back to Command Prompt.... type exit, hit enter then reboot...

userinit.JPG

Userinit2.JPG

Apologies, I should have made you aware of the format shown from the Recovery Environment. X:\ is what you see, not C:\  The userinit value in your screenshot is correct. That makes it really difficult. Userinit is not loading, hence it will not boot correctly, as the value is correct it tends to indicate registry damage. That will not be applicable to Malwarebytes, it does not make such changes where damage is possible...

Have you tried booting your system to Safemode...?

Do you have an Installation DVD or USB for Windows 10...?

Have you tried the Refresh from the recovery environment, that option reinstalls windows but keeps personal stuff safe...

Or you can use Ubuntu to recover from an unbootable system...

How to recover Data from a Dead System using Ubuntu Live Disc.

To recover data you will have to use a linux based system, it is quite straightforward.
Go to this link http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ for the full instructions on how to use Ubuntu

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks