Being Remotely Hacked

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phones probably would not be at risk, or not one you would notice... Are you able to reset your router.... have a read of the following:

Reset your router, instructons available at the following link:

http://setuprouter.com/networking/how-to-reset-your-router/

Follow those instructions very carefully.

Next,

Download and unzip DNSJumper to your Desktop, the tool is portable no installation necessary.

Tool can be downloaded here: http://www.sordum.org/downloads/?dns-jumper

• Right click on Dnsjumper.exe and select "Run as Administrator" to start the tool, For XP just double click to run.
  • rom the left hand pane select "Flush DNS"
  • From the main interface select the dropdown under "Choose a DNS Server"
  • From the list select either "Google Public DNS" or "Open DNS"
  • From the left hand pane select "Apply DNS"

When done re-boot your system....

Next,

Reset all passwords you use on your PC, specifically any with financial implications....

Next,

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here

• Right click on the tool (select "Run as Administrator) to start the extraction to a convenient location. (Desktop is preferable)
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
  • Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
  • Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt

Thanks,

Kevin..

Slight problem...when trying to reset my router, I had my ISPs(optimum) website coming up saying that it will soon be available for me to change router settings but not now. So I reset it but couldn't change any settings. Everything else i was able to do. Nothing came up for mbar. I've had strange problems with my router in the past. I had it turn off at random times. Though I havent had this problem recently. I suppose it could be infected. Could it be possible that someone has placed and device in my apartments cable connection as a backdoor to harness information from peoples devices?

Thanks for the update, run the following to clean up...

Download "Delfix by Xplode" and save it to your desktop.

Or use the following if first link is down:

"Delfix link mirror"

If your security program alerts to Delfix either, accept the alert or turn your security off.

Double Click to start the program. If you are using Vista or higher, please right-click and choose run as administrator

Make Sure the following items are checked:

• Remove disinfection tools <----- this will remove tools we may have used.
  • Purge System Restore <--- this will remove all previous and possibly exploited restore points, a new point relative to system status at present will be created.
  • Reset system settings <--- this will reset any system settings back to default that were changed either by us during cleansing or malware/infection

Now click on "Run" and wait patiently until the tool has completed.

The tool will create a log when it has completed. We don't need you to post this.

Any remnant files/logs from tools we have used can be deleted…

Next,

Run Windows Disk Clean Up Utility - https://neosmart.net/wiki/disk-cleanup/

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks

Hiya CallSignChurch,

Have been away over the weekend, hence my late reply. The BSOD is related to the following driver: focusriteusb.sys

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\113018-25428-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: focusriteusb.sys (FocusriteUSB+0x6ACB)
Bugcheck code: 0xFE (0x4, 0xFFFFFA8006DA9AC0, 0xFFFFFA8006FB5D20, 0xFFFFFA800DD34010)
Error: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Bug check description: This indicates that an error has occurred in a Universal Serial Bus (USB) driver.The caller has submitted an IRP that is already pending in the USB bus driver.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: focusriteusb.sys .
Google query: focusriteusb.sys BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

Can you renmove all USB devices then reboot your system, close your system again. Plug in USB devices that you normally use and reboot. If the BSOD happens again let me know...

Thanks,

Kevin