Sign in to follow this  
Here4hlp

Files deleted?

MALWAREBYTES COMPUTER SECURITY SOFTWARE IS THE MOST DISGUSTING AND DISTATERIOUS  ONE I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS IN MY NUMBER OF YEARS OF COMPUTING.

HOW DO YOU CREATE A SOFTWARE THAT COMPLETELY WIPE MOST OF YOUR IMPORTANT FILES - BOTH PROGRAM AND DATA FILES FROM YOUR COMPUTER. I CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAIL FILES, AND A LOT MORE.

I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED; THEREFORE THERE IS A WAY I GET BACK THE FILES, WIPED OFF, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I assume you're running Windows 10, correct?  And within the last several weeks or so you installed a new major update for Windows 10, the new Fall Creators' Update build 1809?  If so, that is what most likely deleted your documents (Malwarebytes does not and would not delete users' documents; we'd have a LOT more users here on the forums reporting such an issue if that were the case, yet you are the very first one to claim that Malwarebytes has done such a thing).  Please refer to this article for more information about the update and what went wrong as well as possible actions you can take to fix the issue, including a recommendation to contact Microsoft Support for assistance (it provides the contact info and links to their support sites).

Thanks; but before referring to "this article" please be advised that I have noticed deletion of my files a while ago before the update that was just recent (just a couple of days ago). So while tat could be the cause, it is not in totality.

Just for your information.

Sure, no problem.  I'm just saying that there is an issue with a recent Windows Update published at the beginning of this month (earlier than that if you are a member of their tester/early release Insider Preview program) known to cause users' documents to be deleted and that aside from this topic, I know of no other reports about such issues related to Malwarebytes.  I am not saying that it is impossible, just that I have never heard of it happening before since I started out here back in 2008 when I first started frequenting these forums or through the nearly 8 years that I was employed in the Quality Assurance and Product Management divisions of Malwarebytes for the primary Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes Anti-Malware product line where it was actually a part of my job to find bugs for the Developers as well as gather bug reports from other sources such as the forums here and other public sites to report to the Devs as well as to test and attempt to replicate on our test systems.

I won't ask for logs to attempt to diagnose the problem as you already mentioned your concerns regarding privacy which is perfectly understandable, so I would instead recommend that you contact Malwarebytes Support directly via one of the options found on this page so that they can work with you directly in private so that you do not have to be concerned about anyone having access to any of your logs/information who shouldn't.

I split out your post into it's own thread to reduce confusion, as the original post you replied to had nothing to do with this specific issue.

As @exile360 mentioned, we don't delete user based files unless they are malicious in nature, and even then, we don't just outright delete them, they get put into quarantine. If you'd like, you can use the instructions below to generate some logs from our Support Tool and message them to me directly instead of posting them publicly. You can do this by simply  clicking my name and choosing Message. Otherwise, your best bet for support is to use the support website as mentioned above to work directly with our support team.