Latest Download

Erix has announced 15 hours ago a net package update to 1.0.482 but if you download from the website it still downloads the old version of 1.0.463.

Why announce something which is not available yet. I have wasted over an hour trying to get this full installer without success.

It does updater from within the program but this only adds insult to injury.

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Hi @AlanChippy

Sorry for any confusion here!

Our component update packages are always released initially as independent updates, separate from our full installers.  These are metered out to our user base over time rather than sent to everyone all at once.  Since these are applied automatically and silently in Malwarebytes, most users don't even realize they've received an updates.  But as khanmein pointed out, you can always manually force the update if you don't want to wait to receive it through the automated process.

Then, typically on the day following the roll-out of the new component package, an updated Malwarebytes full installer with the latest component package already integrated is posted to our website.  So by later this afternoon all the website download links should be updated with new installer that includes 1.0.482.

Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks Becky but would it not be better to have the full installer available before announcing it. After all you do say that it is automatically rolled out anyway to existing installations. Just as a matter of interest it did not do so on my machines and I have 4 licenses until I manually did the update.

It is metered as she mentioned, so it doesn't occur immediately (unless you check manually via the Install Application Updates button as mentioned).  As for the reasoning of publishing the information first, I think it's primarily to inform users monitoring the forums/website for new release info as well as users awaiting bugfixes for specific issues, and of course for any users who do happen to have already received the update to have the information there regarding changes and fixes included in the release.

Publishing the standalone installer comes later, though generally not by much, probably because the first priority is to get it started going out to existing users/customers and their installations, and since it happens silently (unlike major full version releases), many users will receive the update without even being aware until they open the program and notice the changes/fixes and/or new version information and the update, when downloaded through an existing installation, doesn't use the full installer package anyway I don't believe (I think it just downloads the new/changed components and an installation script to replace/install the appropriate files and make any necessary registry modifications and generally doesn't even require a reboot, unlike full version updates/upgrades which use the full installation package and often do require a reboot to complete the install).

It is also possible that the installer might pull down the patch when updating for the first time during/following installation (though I don't believe it's guaranteed/forced as it is with the Install Applications Updates button) as long as the user is online during install (which theoretically they should be if possible anyway, otherwise they're likely to be starting out with a stale set of databases).