ingber

Does Android MB Firefox Extension still block Ads?

Does Android MB Firefox Extension still block Ads, or does it still work as a few weeks ago?  Google has insisted that all adblocking software be removed from anythin in the Play Store.

That is what I am asking?  As I asked: "Does Android MB Firefox Extension still block Ads ...?"  I am talking about the MB extension in Firefox on Android?

Hi @ingber,

@Vabadus is correct.  Our Malwarebytes for Android app found on Google Play does not have an ad-blocker.  Although it does block phishing URLs from opening in the browser.

The Malwarebytes extension for Firefox does not appear to be limited by platform.  The extension works both on Windows and Android.  The extension within the Firefox browser is added after installing from Google Play.  Therefore, the Firefox browser on Google Play isn't considered an ad-blocker by Google.  So, if you add the Malwarebytes browser extension after installing Firefox from Google Play, then yes, it still works.

I hope that clarifies things,

Nathan

9 hours ago, mbam_mtbr said:

Hi @ingber,

@Vabadus is correct.  Our Malwarebytes for Android app found on Google Play does not have an ad-blocker.  Although it does block phishing URLs from opening in the browser.

The Malwarebytes extension for Firefox does not appear to be limited by platform.  The extension works both on Windows and Android.  The extension within the Firefox browser is added after installing from Google Play.  Therefore, the Firefox browser on Google Play isn't considered an ad-blocker by Google.  So, if you add the Malwarebytes browser extension after installing Firefox from Google Play, then yes, it still works.

I hope that clarifies things,

Nathan

Nathan:

This is very good news.  Thanks.

Lester