Also scan compressed files in real time.

Nazareno

Hello, I suppose you have already asked the team for this but I would like to know if malwarebytes may have the option to scan compressed files as most traditional antivirus have that option. Well that's my suggestion, I hope it comes to fruition. Thank you very much and greetings.

Until MBAM, v1.75, MBAM could not access files in archives but with v1.75 came that ability so it can unarchive a Java Jar (which is a PKZip file) but it won't target the .CLASS files within. Same goes with CHM files (which is a PKZip file) but it doesn't target the HTML files within. MBAM v1.75 and later specifically will deal with; ZIP, RAR, 7z, CAB and MSI for archives. And self-Extracting; ZIP, 7z, RAR and NSIS executables (aka; SFX files).

We don't publicly document all of our scanning techniques, but you can see what we currently make available here https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/guides/mb/Scan.html

Specifically, under Custom Scan -> Archives: 

• Archives: If this setting is checked, archive files (ZIP, 7Z, RAR, CAB and MSI) will be scanned up to two levels deep. Encrypted (password-protected) archives cannot be tested. If left unchecked, archive files will be ignored.
Edited by dcollins