What i feel like would be a great idea is a Malwarebytes VPN for computers and mobile devices and it's free but you can get more security by upgrading (like the Malwarebytes program)

Greetings,

This is something that has been discussed in the past, but unfortunately it wouldn't be feasible, at least not at this time because the resources, cost and infrastructure necessary to provide a VPN service is far beyond the scope of what Malwarebytes does which means they would have to lease servers from a third party provider to provide such a service, but since those servers would not be directly under the control of Malwarebytes they could not guarantee that they are actually secure and that customer data/connections are handled in a secure and private manner.

If you have any additional suggestions or feedback please let us know.

Thanks

Well... One could always go the Peer-to-Peer route. Less upkeep on Malwarebytes' end, since everything would be hosted by the people using it~ 🦊

I'm honestly surprised that a true Peer-to-Peer VPN service doesn't exist yet, at least to my knowledge.

It sort of does, it's called TOR, but it's not the same thing as a VPN, but does offer relatively anonymous browsing (the more people that use it, the more anonymous it becomes; profiling/identifying users/systems based on common search and browsing patterns is still possible however, especially with the existence of AI).

Well, I think I smell progress in the air; CloudFlare's lightning-fast 1.1.1.1 DNS actually encrypts your DNS queries in a sort-of VPN wrapper. Maybe MalwareBytes could partner up with CloudFlare, and bring us one step closer to a MalwareBytes VPN.

2 hours ago, Amaroq_Starwind said:

Well, I think I smell progress in the air; CloudFlare's lightning-fast 1.1.1.1 DNS actually encrypts your DNS queries in a sort-of VPN wrapper. Maybe MalwareBytes could partner up with CloudFlare, and bring us one step closer to a MalwareBytes VPN.

Maybe? I hope so! :D