Safe Finder in Safari on IMAC

Hi - I was having the same issue. Malwarebytes removed some stuff, but Safari still opened to safefinderformac site, even though in settings it shows as google.com (what it used to be).

I was about to post that I worked through all the steps in the guide you posted and it was still an issue - but then I realized that I hadn't changed the homepage AND clicked onto another part of the preferences as you specified- again, it was showing google.com but still opening to safefinderformac. But after changing the homepage to yahoo.com and then clicking to another part of preferences as you said, then back - it worked! (and was able to later change homepage back to google, or presumably any other page)

Posting this in case it helps someone else.... thanks!! very happy to be rid of this (knock wood)

The trick fix for me was not clicking on "Set to current page" which I had done every time I tried to reset in general preferences and it had not worked.  Indeed it was 'stuck" on safe finder until then.  I had spent hour after hour going thru bookmarks, apps. etc and so was so grateful to malwarebytes and this forum for finally clearing this up and providing ananda-bliss to my troubled mind :).