Not getting notifications when blocking webs

Go to solution Solved by dcollins,

• Solution

Ok, so this looks to be working as expected. Let's break this down into two issues

Blocked category is different:

If you look at the notification, you'll actually notice that the website being blocked is different. When the category is Malware, the URL being blocked is j.gs. But when the block is for Fraud, the URL being blocked is files.iqoption.com. This happens when the page you're visiting is trying to load different scripts or assets from multiple websites, so this is expected.

Notification not showing up:

This is due to browser caching. When you go to a site, and then that site doesn't load for some reason (IE: the site doesn't exist, or your antivirus blocked the site) your browser will remember this and cache that response. The next time you try to go to the site, your browser looks in the cache first, and if it has a recent copy of that site, it will try to load that. Since the last time you went to the site, it was blocked, Firefox loads the blocked version. When you click the refresh button, you're telling Firefox to skip it's cache and load the site new, which is why the block then shows up properly. This is a feature of browsers, and is unfortunately not something we can easily bypass without forcing your browser to empty it's cache occasionally. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Ok, so this looks to be working as expected. Let's break this down into two issues

If you look at the notification, you'll actually notice that the website being blocked is different. When the category is Malware, the URL being blocked is j.gs. But when the block is for Fraud, the URL being blocked is files.iqoption.com. This happens when the page you're visiting is trying to load different scripts or assets from multiple websites, so this is expected.

This is due to browser caching. When you go to a site, and then that site doesn't load for some reason (IE: the site doesn't exist, or your antivirus blocked the site) your browser will remember this and cache that response. The next time you try to go to the site, your browser looks in the cache first, and if it has a recent copy of that site, it will try to load that. Since the last time you went to the site, it was blocked, Firefox loads the blocked version. When you click the refresh button, you're telling Firefox to skip it's cache and load the site new, which is why the block then shows up properly. This is a feature of browsers, and is unfortunately not something we can easily bypass without forcing your browser to empty it's cache occasionally. 

So, is there any solution to this or i just simply have to live with that? I mean, i guess I'm still protected right?

25 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Also i have to say that the j.gs is from another website i visited before the website with files.iqoption.com

3 minutes ago, dcollins said:

We removed the block on iqoption.com yesterday, which is why you're not seeing the block any longer.

At this point, based on everything we've looked at, the product looks to be working correctly and is blocking websites as it should be

okey so i shouldn't be worried even if there's no solution for my issue? I'm protected even without seeing the notification?