Not getting notifications when blocking webs

Go to solution Solved by dcollins,

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But before i do that, it is possible if someone who don't have avast to install it and see if this problem happeds? I say this because I don't want to unninstall one of my antivirus if that's not going to work, I think it is easier if someone who doesn't care installing avast and then remove it try to reproduce this problem. Just asking

2 hours ago, Xauma95 said:

But before i do that, it is possible if someone who don't have avast to install it and see if this problem happeds? I say this because I don't want to unninstall one of my antivirus if that's not going to work, I think it is easier if someone who doesn't care installing avast and then remove it try to reproduce this problem. Just asking

I mean for example someone from the mbam staff or someone with more knowledge than me because if there is a conflic they are going to recongnize it faster than a simple user

59 minutes ago, dcollins said:

I've already tried to reproduce here and haven't been able to unfortunately

Thanks for triying, so any idea? I guess im protected because even if im not seeing the notification mbam blocks but its weird. Maybe there`s no solution for me

51 minutes ago, dcollins said:

Can you please try removing Avast entirely. It still leaves some protection modules running in the background. If that doesn't work, please get a new set of logs using the Support Tool.

Ok i will try it but i'm scared to lose my license because the last time i had to remove avast i had to request for another license to avast. I will have to do it tomorrow due to the time here in spain it is late for me, but i will try it and give you the logs as soon as possible

15 hours ago, dcollins said:

Can you please try removing Avast entirely. It still leaves some protection modules running in the background. If that doesn't work, please get a new set of logs using the Support Tool.

Should I uninstall or restore? Maybe restore works, I don't know

2 minutes ago, Xauma95 said:

I think in chrome it works because it was working normal until i was repeating a lot of times and fails just one time, in chrome everytime i close it i clean cookies and cache, but i've tried cleaning cookies and cache in firefox and nothing

Yeah i think in chrome works well

That makes a lot of sense because the caching is definitely different between different browsers like Chrome and Firefox.  You *might* be able to eliminate that as a variable by clearing cache/history as you did along with running a tool like CCleaner which is typically more thorough, however even then it is still possible that they guard their cache against being cleared for performance reasons so it may or may not work but it would at least have a better chance of working.

On my own system I'm using everything from an ad blocker, to a HOSTS file, to a DNSCrypt client so it is quite often the case that I do not see web block notifications from Malwarebytes across any of my browsers (I use SRWare Iron which is based on Chromium the same as Chrome, Firefox Portable, and Internet Explorer 11) so as long as Malwarebytes is actually working and preventing access to the sites contained in its block list (which it is; I've tested it on multiple occasions to verify this personally), I'm not too bothered about not seeing the block notifications or the Malwarebytes redirect/block page in my browsers (though admittedly I do see the webpage more often now, at least in Firefox and SRWare Iron now that I have the Malwarebytes browser extension beta installed which uses the same databases as the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes 3 in addition to some other goodies for blocking bad stuff).

12 minutes ago, exile360 said:

That makes a lot of sense because the caching is definitely different between different browsers like Chrome and Firefox.  You *might* be able to eliminate that as a variable by clearing cache/history as you did along with running a tool like CCleaner which is typically more thorough, however even then it is still possible that they guard their cache against being cleared for performance reasons so it may or may not work but it would at least have a better chance of working.

On my own system I'm using everything from an ad blocker, to a HOSTS file, to a DNSCrypt client so it is quite often the case that I do not see web block notifications from Malwarebytes across any of my browsers (I use SRWare Iron which is based on Chromium the same as Chrome, Firefox Portable, and Internet Explorer 11) so as long as Malwarebytes is actually working and preventing access to the sites contained in its block list (which it is; I've tested it on multiple occasions to verify this personally), I'm not too bothered about not seeing the block notifications or the Malwarebytes redirect/block page in my browsers (though admittedly I do see the webpage more often now, at least in Firefox and SRWare Iron now that I have the Malwarebytes browser extension beta installed which uses the same databases as the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes 3 in addition to some other goodies for blocking bad stuff).

Yeah maybe i should install the browser extension, but i'll wait till someone checks my logs for any posibble conflict or something like that

Yes, it will only work one time.  The cache rebuilds itself every time you visit the same page, so if it initially gets blocked and you see Malwarebytes notify you, unless you close your browser and clear the cache with CCleaner again, it will most likely default to the same behavior of not showing the block page or notification even though it still won't connect to the blocked website.

19 hours ago, dcollins said:

In your latest set of logs, Avast is still installed. I do not think this problem is impossible to solve, we just need to be effectively troubleshoot which starts with removing other products that have been known to cause issues in the past

And what i have to do then? Give you logs wothout avast?