cutting_edgetech

MBAE 1.12.1.129 tray icon missing / service fails to load

The tray icon sometimes does not load after booting my machine. It happens more often after completely shutting down my machine for a while. Process mbae.exe loads at boot, but the tray icon never shows up in the tray. I believe this is due to another app, or service loading at the same time during boot.

What I would like to point out is that if I try to access MBAE tray icon or GUI from Windows Start Menu it does not load, and it it spawns a second instance of mbae.exe. If I try to access it again from the start menu then it spawns a third instance of mbae.exe, and so on.

While making this post I discovered that mbae service (mbae-svc.exe) is failing to load at startup. I initially thought it was loading because I saw mbae64.exe, and thought that was the service until taking another look. I can see how that would cause multiple instances of mbae.exe to spawn when attempting to access the GUI without the service running.  I think maybe NVT ERP is causing the conflict. They try to load about the same time during boot.

I would suggest that if the user tries accessing MBAE without the service running that MBAE notifies the user that the service is not running, and also not allow MBAE from spawning another instance of mbae.exe.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 Pro version 1709, and MBAE 1.12.1.129.

Hi cutting_edgetech,

Sorry for the delayed response. If you are still having this issue. Can you send us the following logs

1. ZIP the entire contents (ALL the files, not just .LOG) of the MBAE user data directory and attach them to your post. The directory is hidden by default so you might have to click on "View -> Hidden items" in Explorer to see it. C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
  2. ZIP the entire contents of the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit 

Thanks.