Website blocked due to Trojan

Hello,

I received this popup message repeatedly when accessing hotmail email website. I automatically scan with MWB and ran another scan after the popup. I have changed the hotmail password and downloaded and ran farbar recovery scan tool (after reading other blogs); results also attached.

I am not bothered by the popup unless it means I should do something to remove the trojan. If it means just ignore it, malwarebytes has taken care of it, that's fine. I am not very computer savvy, so I am alarmed by the popups. If I need to "remove" the trojan from the laptop, please help me follow steps to do so.

Thanks for your advice.

Julie

thumbnail.jpg

MWB 1062018 Addition.txt

FRST MWB 10062018.txt

• Staff
1 hour ago, Julie_in_FL said:

Hello,

I received this popup message repeatedly when accessing hotmail email website. I automatically scan with MWB and ran another scan after the popup. I have changed the hotmail password and downloaded and ran farbar recovery scan tool (after reading other blogs); results also attached.

I am not bothered by the popup unless it means I should do something to remove the trojan. If it means just ignore it, malwarebytes has taken care of it, that's fine. I am not very computer savvy, so I am alarmed by the popups. If I need to "remove" the trojan from the laptop, please help me follow steps to do so.

Thanks for your advice.

Julie

thumbnail.jpg

MWB 1062018 Addition.txt

FRST MWB 10062018.txt

Hi Julia!

In an effort to protect our users from getting infected, the block was put on aolcdn.com. It will be removed right away.

The block was caused by this file -

o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/a5cfeea95eff131bc3cb21821a28b547

2018-10-07_19-12-14.png.cd61ae3521009227cc37b9237956524f.png

Thanks for reporting this, we really appreciate it! The update will be available in ~10 minutes.

Update for MBAM v2 is out - v2018.10.07.05

Edited by Dashke

Hi. I just received this Trojan stopped by Malwarebytes . It shows blocked. Each time I open my home page, the block square come up,same as in the pictures 

shown here with different information. I took a picture with my camera also, if needed. How do I stop this from showing up and did Malwarebytes get rid of it. Also,

it shows a file it could be in, do I delete this file on my computer? thankx

00ps... add on to message. The wedbite file is located in my C drive:system Apps/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge-8wek with more letters and numbers|MicsrosoftEdgeCP.exe. My question is

should I delete this file? and will that get rid of the blocked trojan? Also, is it not quarantined in Malwarebytes. You can tell I am not used to this finding anything, so thanks for your

understanding..and HELP

• Staff
9 minutes ago, imapola said:

Hi. I just received this Trojan stopped by Malwarebytes . It shows blocked. Each time I open my home page, the block square come up,same as in the pictures 

shown here with different information. I took a picture with my camera also, if needed. How do I stop this from showing up and did Malwarebytes get rid of it. Also,

it shows a file it could be in, do I delete this file on my computer? thankx

Can you please try to update your database by clicking "Current" like in the screenshot?

2018-10-07_19-57-25.png.0489c880f3eb225471e007dcc649d22d.png

Please run a scan after that and let us know how it goes. :)

Hello Dashke,

Thank you for your assistance. I have been away for over 9 hours and see that MWB must have automatically updated itself; I clicked on "updates" after reviewing the above posts and am now running a scan. (the usual automatically scheduled scan will run again around 11:30pm edt).

So my understanding is that I need to do nothing more? By running MWB the trojan files are removed?  I will certainly post again if I ever encounter the same situation.

Thanks for your help

Julie

• Staff
6 hours ago, Julie_in_FL said:

Hi Dashke,

An update to the MWB scan finished just now. The scan found nothing. No infected files, no threats detected. I shouldn't worry about this any longer? Thanks so much!

Julie

Hi Julie,

That's great news! You are right, you don't have to worry about this any longer. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks