Sign in to follow this  
arleetel

Google chrome certificate question.

Hello,

I ordered free software from quadspinner and got a mail with the download links.

It’s not working in google chrome 69.0.3497.100

On whatever link I click in the mail it takes ages to open and when it does I get a window that asks : “Select a certificate to identify yourself” I always cancel because the certificates showed are personal certificates to communicate only with Official sites and are linked to our identity card.

The result is an error on the page : this site cannot be reached,and that’s it. 

I can visit all the other sites of quadspinner but NOT the ones with https://.

I tried to find the solution but could not find anything usable.

I opened the mail in internet explorer and get the same request to identify myself, I just click cancel and I was able to download everything I needed.

Perhaps someone knows a solution, if not there is still the workaround : internet explorer.

Thanks in advance.

Since no one found the solution so far, I'm pleased to say that it solved itself.

Another more frequent error in google chrome : ERR_SSL_VERSION_INTERFERENCE made  me search disable TLS 1.3 in chrome://flags/ was the solution and it appeared that the problem above was solved by the same settings.

If this is the safest option I don't know but it works.