Endpoint protection on windows server 2016 missed combo ransomware!

I had a machine with Endpoint protection installed on windows server 2016 with all features enabled in its policy.  Well it missed combo ransomware!  Think the actual varient was new variant of dharma ransomware. But it whipped out 10tb worth of data and some os system files as it blue screened then had to be recovered after that to repair its boot, only to then discover the cause of the crash the ransomware.  Well its really upturned my faith in mwb products now and Ive started to install another anti ransomware product from a competitor on our other 24 machines we use mwb endpoint on. 

Has anyone else had any similar experiences? I've had my doubts before now with endpoint protection from seeing then agent service crashing at random and failing to update, but this failure to protect a machine was cates trophic to us. 

Anyway I thought I'd share and wouldn't mind hearing from malwarebytes devs on there thoughts on my experience? 

Thanks

Jk