uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent)

Hi - I am helping to fix a friends computer, I have already gotten rid of the WinAntiVirusPro Virus (which was very tricky) - Now I am down to this one last file....

MBAM.Log

C:\WINDOWS\system32\uacinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) ->Delete On Reboot

I am running Windows XP Media Center SP3

It seems as if the infected file "learns" the new names I keep using to run Malwarebytes. Every time I run it and it tells me to reboot, the next time I reboot - It won't run unless I rename it some thing new - basically I need to rename the .exe file to some thing I hadn't named it before - Just thought it was interesting how that was happening.

Any way - I removed over 110 differant infected files with various malware/anti virus/spyware programs - and now I am stuck on this one. I was hoping to be able to remove this last bug with out having to post logs and what not - but it looks like I will be needing your help after all.

I will wait for your reply with this thread before I do any thing else, because as I said - I have gotten totally rid of the AntiVirusPro virus and now I just need some guidance on this "uacinit.dll" file...

thanks for your help in advance and I will be awaiting your reply

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please visit this webpage for instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

• When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt along with a new HijackThis log so we may continue cleaning the system.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!