REVO UNINSTALLER

RIZZIES

I use Revo and think it is a great app for thoroughly removing programs. I have not run into any issues while using it.

I personally use the "advanced removal" to make sure all remnants are gone. Revo will also automatically create a new system restore point just in case something gets deleted that shouldn't :( (i've never had that happen though)

Is REVO better than Ccleaners or windows own unistaller?

I used Windows to remove IceChat after I could not get it to work months ago and it was only when I was messing around with my scummvm DL that I noticed there was a empty file still left over so I had to manually remove that.

has anyone had experience uninstalling the new version of spyware doctor? its a pain to uninstall, revo wont do the job either. I managed to keep it with my other layers of protection but im alittle worried how it would hold up because i heard stories that spyware doctor doesnt play well with other programs

yes if anyone is going to ask, i already unticked the anti-virus that comes along with it

lol as i was typing a problem just happened. It is telling me to restart my computer because updates are available. This is trouble right here, i dont want to restart my computer everytime a update is available

I DL'd this and was wondering what level of uninstall do people use? The most advanced one sees to remove things from the reg and I have heard time and time again on here that the reg is not to be tampered with if you do not know what you are doing, Is it safe to use that mode?

I DL'd this and was wondering what level of uninstall do people use? The most advanced one sees to remove things from the reg and I have heard time and time again on here that the reg is not to be tampered with if you do not know what you are doing, Is it safe to use that mode?

The advice about not fooling with the registry is pretty good advice in general. For this though, I use the advanced mode myself, because I still want to get all those orphans out. One of the first things it will do is create a restore point as long as you don't have that option turned off. Just be careful that you ONLY click on the bolded entries. It will show you a whole section of the registry tree and you don't want to click in the wrong place is all. It will typically find entries in the ARP cache that would otherwise be left, but sometimes you would be surprised what it finds as still left in there. My family likes to try a lot of the one hour game trials at one of the online sites and I typically have to install and uninstall over 20 games a month in addition to regular activities. That also ends up fragmenting the registry so I use NTREGOPT or Sysinternals PAGE DEFRAG to get it all back in order. Here's another little trick to keep in mind if you are uninstalling - open windows explorer to C:\Documents and Settings\ - then perform a search with wildcards (*) for the program you are uninstalling. A lot of the built in uninstallers will leave directories and files somewhere in one of the C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data directories. Sometimes it's in the \All Users and sometimes its in the \username directory. Occasionally, they are in both. I've found that Revo will rarely find those. Nor will it find icons in a folder on the desktop. Also be aware that if you use similarly named programs and decide to uninstall one of them, Revo will very occasionally get mixed up and offer to delete the wrong files - just keep an eye on the directory paths it is pointing to and you should be fine.

I have always used the advanced mode. So far, I have never had a problem :huh:

The advice about not fooling with the registry is pretty good advice in general. For this though, I use the advanced mode myself, because I still want to get all those orphans out. One of the first things it will do is create a restore point as long as you don't have that option turned off. Just be careful that you ONLY click on the bolded entries. It will show you a whole section of the registry tree and you don't want to click in the wrong place is all. It will typically find entries in the ARP cache that would otherwise be left, but sometimes you would be surprised what it finds as still left in there. My family likes to try a lot of the one hour game trials at one of the online sites and I typically have to install and uninstall over 20 games a month in addition to regular activities. That also ends up fragmenting the registry so I use NTREGOPT or Sysinternals PAGE DEFRAG to get it all back in order. Here's another little trick to keep in mind if you are uninstalling - open windows explorer to C:\Documents and Settings\ - then perform a search with wildcards (*) for the program you are uninstalling. A lot of the built in uninstallers will leave directories and files somewhere in one of the C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data directories. Sometimes it's in the \All Users and sometimes its in the \username directory. Occasionally, they are in both. I've found that Revo will rarely find those. Nor will it find icons in a folder on the desktop. Also be aware that if you use similarly named programs and decide to uninstall one of them, Revo will very occasionally get mixed up and offer to delete the wrong files - just keep an eye on the directory paths it is pointing to and you should be fine.

It found 32 items left over all called after the program and nothing in bold but I chanced it and deleted the whole lot!

That is a very through program indeed.

Edit

I noticed it missed too when I looked through winrar, ah well nothing is perfect!

Thank you for your Advice :huh: