GinQ

ANSWERED False positive: ProtonVPN

Hello,

My name is Gin and I represent ProtonVPN. Sending you ProtonVPN application for Windows. Couple users reported that Malwarebytes is causing connection issues with ProtonVPN. I would like you to review this application and whitelist it in your database so that ProtonVPN and Malwarebytes users could enjoy both services without unnecessary bothering.

Thank you.

ProtonVPN_win_v1.6.3.zip

Hi,

I can't reproduce any detection at all, nor connection issues with Malwarebytes installed. So we can't whitelist what we don't detect.

Do you have detection logs where it's displayed that we are detecting anything related with ProtonVPN?

Thanks!

Users reported that Malwarebytes is blocking openvpn.exe process. Will try to ask logs from them.

Thank you for your answer.

Hello,

Got couple of requests on this issue. Could you please check it out?

zyarbn7o.jpg

Nope, it's still not fixed. I use linux with protonvpn. Everytime I make connection, this pops up. American server works fine, but netherlands server connection gets blocked by Malwarebytes. Please fix this and whitelist protonvpn.

Untitled.png

18 hours ago, premcharan2011 said:

I think its best to whitelist this IP host range 89.39.107.***

Here is the third one.

Untitled.png

Thanks, I have removed the block on that IP. :)

On 11/12/2018 at 2:35 PM, Dashke said:

Thanks, I have removed the block on that IP. :)

Thanks for that. but this seems to keep going. Here is another set of IPs getting blocked while connecting to Protonvpn (Netherlands VPN server). 

IP: 46.166.142.215, 46.166.142.220

Untitled.png