MBAM to detect and remove fastrecovery@xmpp.jp

Hello,
I'm evaulating to buy malwarebytes but I should need if this tool is able to detect and remove scarab ransomeware like fastrecovery xmpp.jp

I tried, in safe mode, to detect and remove it but the tool is not able, it not detect anything (but the windows7pro PC unfortunately is infected...): maybe because I'm using the premium trial version?

thanks, regards
marco

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!"
  • Click the Advanced Options link

welcome mbst.png

• Click the Gather Logs button

gatherlogs.png

• A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to gather troubleshooting information from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  • Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:

notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• Root Admin

Just as an additional note, Malwarebytes 3 has a lot more in the way of prevention than it does with regards to remediation/removal after the fact because most of the layers of protection in Malwarebytes 3 Premium (which are all fully functional in the free trial you're testing) are designed to stop an attack before it is able to actually install and launch an infection on the system.  This is because thanks to more proactive, signature-less features like Exploit Protection and Ransomware Protection do not rely on threat databases to detect threats and instead look for malicious behaviors that occur during various stages of an attack.  On top of this, technologies like Web Protection and Malware Protection (which also includes the new anomalous threat detection engine which uses cloud capabilities, Machine Learning (what most in the industry currently refer to as "AI" even though it is not technically true Artificial Intelligence in any real sense), and advanced heuristics algorithms) use information about known threats beyond just the threats themselves including common characteristics, where they come from and the servers they reach out to (i.e. malicious servers, malicious ads or malvertisements, malicious Command & Control servers etc.) to detect an attack and stop it in its tracks at various phases in the attack chain and that scanning/remediation of threats is actually the last line of defense in a long list of layers and strategies employed by Malwarebytes to defend a system against attack and infection.  You can find out more about how these various layers of defense operate by taking a look at the diagram and information on this page.

I hope this information is helpful.