rundwald

Mbytes report log culling

I am a long term user of Premium, and have noticed the list in reports is very long. I am also unable to find the reports' location in Windows 10 Home.

can you please advice me of this and if I may indeed cull items from the lists?

Hello and Welcome back...

Yes those reports do seem to get piled up in there... You have to prune or delete them from time to time... to find a report for a specific day you can Sort them by Date and Time by clicking on the title Date and Time

The location of the Logs are located in the folder C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

Scan Logs are located C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\ScanResults

Personally I clear my logs from time to time..

Thank you! However when I attempt to delete the JSON files in  C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\ScanResults (in bulk), which I have usually achieved by selecting 'continue elsewhere, the files do not delete.

Have I really go to do them one by one. or am I missingsomething?😕

I don't know about deleting them through Explorer, but if you use the main Malwarebytes UI it's quite easy to delete logs in bulk.  To eliminate all of them you may use the checkbox at the very top left within the column headers as illustrated below then click on Delete:

bulk.png.0ca0f912c8d9a3f5325ce01d04cc8995.png

If there are particular types of reports you wish to eliminate then you may sort the list by Protection Event by clicking on that column once or twice or you can sort by date by clicking on the Date and Time column once or twice then check the box next to those you wish to delete and then click on the Delete button.

Doing it through the GUI is the preferred method as mentioned by exile above...

It can be done from Windows Explorer but you would have to disable Self protection in Malwarebytes to do so... but its way better to do it through the Malwarebytes GUI

11 minutes ago, rundwald said:

But should  wish to retain those, say for the last 10 days, what then?

Well if you want to keep that last 10 days, then sort them by date and select all but the last ten days and delete the rest..

Yep, if I was trying to delete all but the most recent logs that's how I'd do it.  Just sort by date, descending with the most recent listed first, use the checkbox at the top to select all, then uncheck the most recent ones that I wanted to keep, then click on the Delete button to eliminate the older ones.

@exile360 That's a good workaround. Thank you.  I have an internet monitoring app installed, which was created by just a person. There one can select to delete items more than x days old automatically.

Mbytes is a valued application, but to me it's strange that something similar is not included.  As a Brit the option to choose the date format would be welcome too.

Yeah, they've considered such options in the past but have yet to implement them, at least in the consumer version.  I'll propose it to the team though as they might reconsider for the next major release when UI changes are made (probably 4.0 or later).

As for the date format, if you set the language to English (U.K.) it should alter the formatting for dates as they appear in the app to EU/UK standards.  You'll find that option under Settings>Application under Display Language.