Malewarebytes won't open. Chameleon doesnt work.

Braskie

Recently I have been unable to start Malwarebytes. When i try to start the program it thinks for a few second then doesnothing. I have read other forums on this topic and have tried some solutions. I tried downloading and running Chameleon. When I run chameleon it seems to work and everything goes smoothly however it ends up just installing Malwarebytes again. Following this new installation of malwarebytes it tells me there is a new version and asks me to install the update. If I install the update I am once again unable to open Malwarebytes. Currently i am stuck with an older version of Malwarebytes and a new version that will not open. I have tried what has been suggested in other posts to download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool which I have managed to do. I now have FRST.txt and Addition.txt files from the scan result but I have no idea what to do with this info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Root Admin

I don't see any obvious known programs that block or try to prevent Malwarebytes from loading.

Please try to fully disable your Trend Micro Inc. antivirus temporarily and see if Malwarebytes will load.

If not, then try creating a new user account with admin rights. Then log into that account and see if Malwarebytes will run from that account and let me know.

Ron

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks