tompres184

Browser History Stealer

I just done a scan and found a threat titled "PUP.BrowserHistoryStealer." Apparently its under "DrUnarchiver APP" which i downloaded from the mac store. Any idea what this is?

Hi 

It seems I have been subject to the same problem, I got an email from an unknown person with my login password to my computer  letting me know that they have taken all my passwords. 

when i downloaded Malwarebytes i found the "pup history stealer" which i deleted and found Dr.Clean which i deleted 

my worry is did they truly steal all saved password on my laptop 

any help would be appreciated 

Messages such as you received have been showing up for almost two years now and are very unlikely to be the result of any malware on your Mac. I suspect you have used your login password for some other site which was compromised there. You can probably figure out where it was harvested from by entering your email address at https://haveibeenpwned.com. On that same site you can also check if the password was compromised by clicking on "Password" at the top of the window.

On 4/10/2020 at 2:06 PM, Makki said:

It seems I have been subject to the same problem, I got an email from an unknown person with my login password to my computer  letting me know that they have taken all my passwords. 

What you saw was simply a scam e-mail attempting to trick you into believing that you have been infected, so that you would pay the requested extortion. There is no actual malware involved, so there is nothing for Malwarebytes to detect.

The password that was included in the message would have come from a third-party data breach, in which passwords from an online service that you use were obtained and posted online. It was not obtained by malware on your computer, but was simply used to convince you that the malware really exists.

Since your password is online, available to anyone who knows where to look, you should immediately change your password on all online accounts where you have used that password. Use a long, strong password, preferably one that is generated and remembered by a password manager, such as iCloud Keychain, 1Password, or LastPass. Use a different password for each site, and use the password manager to remember them.

If that password was used for your e-mail account, you should also change all passwords for accounts that are associated with that e-mail address. This is because it may be possible for someone who gains control of your e-mail address to gain control of other accounts associated with that e-mail address, whether they use the same password or not.

Finally, I strongly recommend using two-factor authentication (2FA) on any site that supports it. For more information, see:

https://twofactorauth.org

3 hours ago, aleeam said:

Which browser are you using? 

There is no reference to browser use here. Why do you ask?