208.73.210.27 IP blocked

After started , Avira update freezes "Scanning for updates" until is aborted ,

while some MBAM IP Protection popups show up :

"208.73.210.27 infection detected" , and the Log lines say "IP-BLOCK" .

If the MBAM IP Protection is disabled , then the Avira update runs well .

This IP is identified by CoolWhois as parkinglot.information.com

Version info :

XP Pro SP2

This IP is indeed blocked, but it's got nothing to do with Avira, so I'm a little confused as to why the blocking of such, should affect it. Can you check that you're able to update Avira manually? (I'd also strongly recommend you report this to Avira themselves as their program has no business contacting information.com)

This IP is indeed blocked, but it's got nothing to do with Avira..

Can you check that you're able to update Avira manually?...

Thanks for replying .

All the reported updates were manual . Before posting here I did re-test , previously closing Internet appls , wiping temps/caches/cookies/...

Something to confirm and other to correct :

-- Only when Avira update is started : in fact that IP shows blocked by MBAM several times .

-- But , being MBAM-IP enabled or not , the Avira update process performs to completion .

What happens is that these recent Avira updates are taking too long (it confused me), e.g. for these tests , just to verify the application is up to date it took from 4 to 14 min .

I see there is more to investigate . I believe my connection (cable=3Mbps) can not be blamed . Well , I run the free blend , and I read Avira announcing dedicated servers for the update process , as a premium version feature ...

Thanks again , I will inform when I find something more coherent .