Endpoint protection on a windows 2012 Terminalserver

antiager

After installing ep on a Windows Terminalserver 2012 some visual basic modules (makros) are no longer working. These makros are running on Word 2010 and they should start Access 2010.

This no longer works and is ending with an error message.

On which policy settings should I start to investigate.

I turned off all advanced settings regarding MS Office but that didn't help.

Thank you!

Hey Antiager, Welcome to our Business Forums!

For this issue, it does sound like a potential Anti-Exploit block.

Are you receiving a block notification when this is occurring, it would also appear in the detection history for this endpoint. A screen capture of the detection would be helpful.

As a start and to work around this, for now, I recommend creating a new group and policy for this server and Disabling the Shield for Word.

You can do this in your Settings > Policy > Settings > (scroll down) Manage Protected Applications > (scroll down) Turn off Word > Hit ok and Save policy

If you would like to troubleshoot further and see if there is a more narrow exclusion, I would recommend putting in a case so a Technician can help collect debug logs and dig deeper.

Many Thanks