JimDB

Why do i get refusal to post b/c of what post looks like?

I posted for first time this week. Got a reply from GONZO who asked my to post data about my problem. Post failed due to error msg that my post looked like ****. Can’t say it cause it may spook the reply. 

I posted a ticket at Malwarebytes Support. 

Jim B

Greetings,

It was most likely due to the spam filter in use on the forums.  It gets triggered when certain types of content are contained in a post from a new user such as certain active links/URLs etc.  I don't know the specifics on precisely why your post might have been flagged, but if it happens again just let us know by either contacting one of the forum Administrators via private message and they will get it sorted out for you so that your posts aren't blocked.

Great! How/where are the PMs on the forum site?  And can GONZO get the PDF from the Support group?  

Another question...the Forum wont allow me to get to my iBooks app (iOS Ver 11.4.1). It only allows access to the Files app....pretty useless , I think. Apple just cant think macOS while in iOS ?!

Jim B

Edited by JimDB
Edits

The list of forum admins can be found here and you can PM them by hovering your mouse over their name and clicking Message near the bottom of the dialog that pops up or you can click on their name to view their profile and click the option found there to message them:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[6]=1&group[4]=1&sortby=joined&sortdirection=desc

Yes, he's a member of the staff so he shouldn't have any trouble getting the PDF and if need be you can send him a PM to inform him about it and give him your support ticket number and he should be able to look it up to grab it from there.

Edited by exile360

In another post I used iOS Files app to hold the PDF; then posted to GONZO the PDF from the Files app. 

Whew... what a hassle to do on iOS (rather than on macOS as you suggested). No “clicking” in iOS!! Or hovering cursor (yikes! No cursor!)

BTW...I (and others I know) use iPads now instead of macOS for day to day usage. Yeah, I go to macOS for heavy lifting stuff but most of my basic use is on iPad .

I cant even login in as customer using iOS...when will that occur?

Thanx again for help

Jim b

Honestly, I have no idea.  I'm a Windows user myself so I'm not much help in the iOS department.  Yeah, without a cursor or the ability to click I'd imagine using most standard web interfaces could be tough especially if they don't have touch/mobile friendly controls.  I'll look around and see what I can find out, but hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject will be able to jump in to help.

I'm trying to find some help resources, but they seem sparse so far.  I'm looking through Invision's support site for iOS related content in their knowledgebase here and you might want to check it as well to see if you can find anything useful.

I'll keep digging around the web to see if I can find any detailed help content and hopefully between us we'll figure out how to accomplish these basic functions from the iOS app (you'd think they'd make it simple, unfortunately that's seldom the case with new platforms).

By the way, I just had a thought.  If you can get to your own messenger function for the forums which should be at the top right (looks like an envelope) you should be able to select "Compose New" and send gonzo a private message that way by inserting his username into the To field.  I don't know what it looks like on iOS, but hopefully that's helpful.

It sure would be easier if they could somehow standardize the interface between platforms better.