Alex_Vanko

Ending Malwarebytes for business

Greetings,

If you are referring specifically to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business, then yes, it will end on the 28th of this month according to the info quoted below:

EoL.thumb.png.ccdd6815fdd29b92d962da6165d17c05.png

I assume that at that time you will need to change over to a different product, such as Malwarebytes Endpoint Security.  It should be the closest to Anti-Malware for Business as far as the features are concerned.  You can learn more about it here and you may contact Sales if you have any questions about your specific needs and environment or you can purchase up to 99 seats here and you may contact Sales if you require more seats than that.

Alternatively, if you wish to change over to the cloud managed console version which is the same as far as the endpoint protection components are concerned but offers a more flexible cloud interface you may use on any device through a web browser to manage if you would prefer that over installing the local managed console on one of your servers then you may change over to Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection.  Information on that version can be found here.

They have a wide array of products and solutions for businesses and if you are planning to make a change, then I would also recommend checking out the available options here which includes a brief breakdown of the different features in each version along with the pricing to give you an idea of what each offers and what the estimated cost would be for your environment.

If there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks

This EOL notice is in regards to the standalone version of 1.80.2.1012, the MBES version of build 1.80.2.1012 is still supported and not EOL.

Capture.thumb.JPG.f7915492380ba50c372b7f6c0c8f91c1.JPG

The KB that Becky posted has more clarifying information.

Yes, this one still update signatures. Today is 29.08.2018.

The Question I have is will MBES the program on clients computers be upgraded in the future?

I just installed the new Management Console 1.9.0.3671 and was hoping that the software that I pushed out to the clients would also be 1.9.x.xxxx but it still pushed out 1.8.x.xxxx.

When I purchased a three year license back in June I was told that the client software would be updated when the Console was updated and that looks to not be the case. My fear back then was that I was buying outdated software but proceeded with the purchase because I was promised updates to the software were in the works. 

@RocksysIT The 1.9.0.3671 does install the 1.9 version of the Managed Client Communicator. The agent is separate from the protection. The Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware pieces each have their own version numbers. There are plans in the works to bring the protection module pieces up to the version of the product that the Cloud version uses.

The scope for MBMC 1.9 was meant to bring in the Anti-Ransomware module, allowing it to be centrally managed instead of standalone as it had been before. This was also an opportunity to add various product fixes. Please don't be discouraged, there are more versions to come!

Thank you for the reassurance I am looking forward to what you bring out next. I will say the 1.9 management console seems to communicate better with the clients then with 1.8 so Thank You for that.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks! I'm happy you've seen a positive impact @RocksysIT, as an MBMC admin you also now have much more control over the failure action of the agent service, within the General tab option of the policy you can control the start type and recovery options. This had been something which I had personally helped many customers with by using scripts, so I am pretty excited to see that built in to the program now, so much easier!

Dyllon,

I wanted to reach out and see if there was anything new on the horizon that we should be looking for with the Managed console or updates to the protection modules that would bring them closer to the Cloud version? Want to stay on top of the latest protection.