Davida2b

Malware premium for Mac 3.4.12

Nice touch to a already proven anti malware solution?

Since purchasing my first mac  ( got fed up with Windows 10 ) and never looked back .

I have used premium from the start with no problems and now we have scheduled scans too .

Over time i have learned that Macs do not need cleaning / anti virus apps and wonder why these are in a app store ?

Edited by Davida2b
additional

Over time i have learned that Macs do not need cleaning / anti virus apps and wonder why these are in a app store ?

Did you mean to say "why are they NOT in the app store?"

There are such tools that claim to do such things in the Mac App Store, but they are mostly frauds. Apple rules covering App Store applications preclude them from being able to adequately identify and then quarantine or remove such infections. That's why all the true anti-malware software must be distributed outside the App Store.

16 hours ago, alvarnell said:

There are such tools that claim to do such things in the Mac App Store, but they are mostly frauds. Apple rules covering App Store applications preclude them from being able to adequately identify and then quarantine or remove such infections. That's why all the true anti-malware software must be distributed outside the App Store.

On my first ever visit to the app store , i thought WOW so many useful apps !

( Cleaners / Optimisers etc )

Most look great but do nothing but spread unwanted files around.

I Know better now

It has to be about money over ethical practice ?

thanks , Alvarnell