Skunk1966

MBAE 1.12.1.109: false positive msWord2010 is back

The problem I'm having is exactly the same as described here: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/226501-mbae-112158-still-gives-msword2010-false-alarm/
I applied the workaround in older topic here and that still works: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/226501-mbae-112158-still-gives-msword2010-false-alarm/?do=findComment&comment=1231742

The problem started when I updated  MBAE to version 1.12.1.100 and the problem remained after updating to the present version 1.12.1.109 (Windows 7 Ult. Ed. x64)

I added contents of program data folder in topic. If needed I can reproduce the problem and upload program data content again

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.7z

Hi @Skunk1966

Thanks for the information and sorry for any inconvenience you have had, we are working hard to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Regards
David Sánchez 

Same issue here on one machine so far.  Started yesterday with Word and Excel 2010.  Any resolution?

MalwarebytesError.jpg

Running into a similar issue, right now it only seems to effect excel, and so far it has only happened when using the File > Open in Excel.
Version is 1.12.2.109

Hi All,

We have pushed out a silent config update which should disable the conflicting setting. Please restart your Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit service. Let us know if it has not resolved your issues yet. Thanks.