Acrobat issues with 1.12.2.109

Any of our workstations (Windows 10 LTSB 2016, x64) that are running the latest MBAE 1.12.2.109 are experiencing odd behavior between Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 and a plug-in used for our document management system (Autonomy FileSite 8.5). If a user attempts to save a PDF to the DMS, the Filesite Acrobat plug-in is unable to create certain local files in order to complete the save.

We're also seeing another Acrobat issue but in connection with a printing cost recovery application we use (CopiTrak Desktop). Strangely, there is no Copitrak plugin installed in this case. Opening PDF's results in the following message:
image.png.0f65c82102a7985360f7023f2586fbf2.png

No anti-exploits 'block' alerts are displayed. Disabling the MBAE shields for Adobe Acrobat & Reader resolves both issues. It also does not occur on workstations running the previous 1.12.2.90 build. 

Logs are attached.

Thanks,
Adam

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit_20180814.zip

Edited by AdamM

We are also experiencing issues with mbae version 1.12.2.109.  Users with Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.23 cannot open .PDF files without Adobe Reader freezing.  Temporarily killing the mbae processes resolves the issue so I am assuming that disabling the Acrobat & Reader shields would work for us too.

On 8/16/2018 at 6:14 PM, Rsullinger said:

Hey Everyone,

We have a test build we would like you to try. Can you please try this version and let us know if it fixes the adobe issue you are running into:

https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/b3gu0vewughayu63sus1y8dbainqiqzp

If you run into any issues, let me know asap! 

This build (1.12.2.117) appears to resolve the issue with Acrobat on a test workstation. I will continue to test and report if I encounter any issues.

Thanks,
Adam

We are also having issues with Acrobat Pro dc not recognizing any scanners when attempting to create a pdf from scanner. If we turn off shields we are able to create a pdf from scanner in Acrobat. Will this revision solve that problem as well?

• Staff

Hi Sdeb, 

There were 2 issues with Adobe and MBAE, 

1. Adobe Reader freeze/crash
  2. Adobe Acrobat Reader not recognizing scanners

1.12.2.117 test build fixes the freeze/crash issue, but unfortunately we are still working on the second issue with the scanners. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks.