False Positive - My Own Code!

DrDESidran

I've been using MalwareBytes since the very beginning. But, recently, we're getting plagued by false positives for our own code!

I just did a build of our new game and MalwareBytes tagged it as Ransomeware probably because we use an online Wikia for documentation.

What gives? Is this the case? How can we stop this?

• Staff

Hi,

The antiransomware engine is behavior detection, so it was probably triggered by file-modification/injecting in different files etc etc.

Please zip and attach the actual file that is detected + the Mbamservice.log which is located in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\LOGS

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi,

We would love to get some additional files from you (the .arw captures)

Can you also zip the folder ARW present in the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService folder? 

This file (zipped folder) might be too big to attach here, so can you upload it somewhere, so we can collect it easily?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

We would love to get some additional files from you (the .arw captures)

Can you also zip the folder ARW present in the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService folder? 

This file (zipped folder) might be too big to attach here, so can you upload it somewhere, so we can collect it easily?

Thanks!

Attached.

MBARW.zip