Sign in to follow this  
Sampei_Nihira

The system tray icon appears with excessive delay (107/109 on Windows XP)

The system tray icon appears with excessive delay.

The problem is not present in version 90 on Windows XP.

Please check .

I am in version 107 and do not have this issue. Since I have been using this version ( 107) for almost a day I'll keep an eye and report back if anything ...

Cheers

MBAE.1.12.1.109 works just as well as MBAE 1.12.1.90 did.  I am using an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor.

Re: MBAE version 1.21.1.109..from event viewer... ".The MBAE service service hung on startup" This on XP with a fast processor...Icon takes too long to show up in taskbar..

Posted (edited)

I'm also getting a hang/delay occasionally with Win10.

It's intermittent, so will probably be a bugger to analyse and track down.

(My guess was/is something MS updating/refreshing on boot and hogging the resources- thumbnail cache, prefetch, or something like that).

Sometimes MBAE won't load at all and shouts for a restart after a few minutes.

Just noting that it's not only XP.

Edited by nukecad

On 8/17/2018 at 3:11 PM, nukecad said:

I'm also getting a hang/delay occasionally with Win10.

It's intermittent, so will probably be a bugger to analyse and track down.

(My guess was/is something MS updating/refreshing on boot and hogging the resources- thumbnail cache, prefetch, or something like that).

Sometimes MBAE won't load at all and shouts for a restart after a few minutes.

Just noting that it's not only XP.

Few days ago had very similar symptoms to yours. Then I realised that enable free trial was checked. I reinstalled anti-exploit

deselecting free trial and now everything seems to be ok. Try to see if this works for you.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Tangerine said:

Few days ago had very similar symptoms to yours. Then I realised that enable free trial was checked. I reinstalled anti-exploit

deselecting free trial and now everything seems to be ok. Try to see if this works for you.

Cheers

Hi Tangerine,

Are you talking about MBAE or MB3? This is the sub-forum for the MBAE stand alone Beta.

There is no 'enable free trial' in MBAE, it's now a fully functioning free product since MB3 was first released.

MBAE stand alone Beta is now a testbed for things to (possibly) be included in the full MB3.

I do note that the 'Buy Now' and 'Activate' buttons are still shown on the MBAE UI - Maybe the devs might want to do something about removing them seeing as how they are now surperfluous.

34 minutes ago, nukecad said:

Hi Tangerine,

Are you talking about MBAE or MB3? This is the sub-forum for the MBAE stand alone Beta.

There is no 'enable free trial' in MBAE, it's now a fully functioning free product since MB3 was first released.

MBAE stand alone Beta is now a testbed for things to (possibly) be included in the full MB3.

I do note that the 'Buy Now' and 'Activate' buttons are still shown on the MBAE UI - Maybe the devs might want to do something about removing them seeing as how they are now surperfluous.

Hey nukecad,

I was referring MBAE beta. Upon installation you'll notice the enable free trial box is checked. That was the cause of my issues.

Uninstall MBAE and then do a clean install following the steps. When you come across the "enable free trial "deselect.

I am on winxp by the way

Cheers

Ah, my bad I understand now.

You're talking about an uninstall and fresh/clean install.

I generally let it update itself.

I did do some uninstall/reinstall a few weeks back with some experimental, problem solving, versions but wasn't realy looking at the installer.

Maybe that 'free trial' button is something else the devs could look at removing now it's no longer needed?