I have downloaded the latest version which seems to be 1.8.15.0.  However when I run the .exe in managed mode, it is telling me that I have that already installed.

How can I tell what a new update contains?  I expect that it to be new, (i.e. later than the existing,) but frequently it doesn't appear to be, and fails the install.

What am I missing here?

Hi @BHP538, 1.8.15.0000 is the revision number for the download package itself. If you are on MBMC 1.8.0.3443 or the patch build, 1.8.1.3476, then you are on the latest.

Thanks Dyllon.  How do I know that I am on the latest package, without downloading the revision download, and trying to install, and then telling me that I have the latest?

I have done several downloads this year only to find that there was not an update.  Presumably other people must have the same issue?

Kr Byron 

MBMC does not have the ability to show when releases are done, it is unfortunately a manual process for this. You can compare version numbers between your console in the bottom corner and the version listed on the MBMC installer you've downloaded, or you can use the release history page here to compare - https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/business/#mbmc2

The package number on the zip changes whenever something within it changes, most commonly Anti-Exploit's build version, which updates very often since it is a signature-less program.